About the dialogue text

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Tony Li

Re: About the dialogue text

Post by Tony Li »

HaiiroMukuro wrote:Hi, I still have a question, how to change the Alert Message UI?
Expand the dialogue UI > GUI Root so you can see "Alert Panel".

Alert Panel is the alert message UI's border/background. It uses a window GUI Style named "Panel". You can change this in the GUI Skin or assign a different GUI Style to the Gui Style Name field. If you want to change the size or position, edit the GameObject's Scaled Rect.

The child GameObject named "Alert" uses the GUI Style "Middle Center". You can change this or assign a different GUI Style to the Gui Style Name field.
HaiiroMukuro

Post by HaiiroMukuro »

It work, thanks for the help! :D
HaiiroMukuro

Post by HaiiroMukuro »

Good day! :D
How can I set delays in 5 seconds in alerts?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,
HaiiroMukuro wrote:How can I set delays in 5 seconds in alerts?
It depends on how you're starting the alert. If you're using DialogueManager.ShowAlert() in a script or an equivalent visual scripting action such as in PlayMaker, you can specify the frequency. For example:

Code: Select all

DialogueManager.ShowAlert("This alert lasts 5 seconds.", 5); 
If you omit the duration, or if you start the alert using a method that doesn't include a duration parameter, the duration will be based on the Dialogue Manager's Subtitle Settings > Min Subtitle Seconds and Subtitle Chars Per Second.
HaiiroMukuro

Post by HaiiroMukuro »

Thanks for the help. :D
Is there a sequence command for changing the font size on every dialogue entries?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

HaiiroMukuro wrote:Is there a sequence command for changing the font size on every dialogue entries?
If you want to change it to apply to all dialogue entries, edit the dialogue UI and set the NPC Subtitle Line's font size. If you want to change the font size for specific text, you can use rich text codes:

Code: Select all

That's a <size=50>big</size> bird!
HaiiroMukuro

Post by HaiiroMukuro »

Thanks again for the help! :D
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help! :-)
HaiiroMukuro

Post by HaiiroMukuro »

Hello! :D
How can I change the position of the alerts? I would like to set it on the lower left of the screen.
Also how can I stop the continue button from making alerts disappearing?
Instead, delays can only make the alerts to disappear.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,
HaiiroMukuro wrote:How can I change the position of the alerts? I would like to set it on the lower left of the screen.
If you're using Unity UI Dialogue UI, expand your dialogue UI so you can see the Alert Panel. If the Alert Panel has a Canvas Group, make sure its Alpha value is 1. Then position the Alert Panel where you want it. These steps may help:

1. Set the anchor to bottom left.
2. Set the Pivot to X=0, Y=0.
3. Set PosX=0, PosY=0.
HaiiroMukuro wrote:Also how can I stop the continue button from making alerts disappearing?
Use the steps in this post to separate the alert panel from the conversation's continue button.