Bark Duration

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
virtual_rat

Bark Duration

Post by virtual_rat »

Hey,

I'm triggering barks using OnUse() of dialogue trigger from script. I have set set the duration in the bark ui component to 1, tried setting delays in sequence and tried setting min subtitles per second to 0 and 1 in the dialogue manager, however the bark always remains on screen indefinitely. Would really appreciate any help or suggestions for what else to check.
Tony Li

Re: Bark Duration

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

What checkboxes are ticked on your bark UI? Can you post a screenshot of the inspector view?

Are there any errors or warnings in the Console window?
virtual_rat

Post by virtual_rat »

Thanks for the response! No warning from event system as far as I can tell, I have attached screenshots of all relevant inspector windows, lmk if there's any more information I can give.
bark ui.png
bark ui.png (36.87 KiB) Viewed 22 times
dialogue actor and trigger.png
dialogue actor and trigger.png (73.89 KiB) Viewed 22 times
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Did you clear out the Dialogue System Trigger's Actions > Bark > Bark Text field for your screenshot? Or is it blank when you play the scene, too? If so, try adding some text.

Does your bark UI have an Animator component? If not, trying clearing the Animation > Show Trigger and Hide Trigger fields.
virtual_rat

Post by virtual_rat »

Thanks so much for the fast replies, incredibly helpful. Clearing animation fields fixed it.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help! The bark UI probably would have disappeared after a 10 second failsafe timeout after failing to start the Show/Hide animations anyway, btw.