My articy localization is sometimes reset

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
_marc

My articy localization is sometimes reset

Post by _marc »

Hi Tony,

Since I use the articy localization plugin, it looks that sometimes the recent modifications made by the converter to the database are not saved (when closing Unity, for example).
I've made some minor adjustments to the importer for it to fit my project, but if I remember well, I think I had this problem before these modifications. Recently, I've made a one-click batch importer to create the database + import the localization at the same time, and I've added these lines at the end of the process:

Code: Select all

EditorUtility.SetDirty(database);
            PrefabUtility.RecordPrefabInstancePropertyModifications(database);
Since then, the problem never came back.
Is it possible that these lines were missing at the end of the localization import process, in the ArticyConverter script?
Maybe it's just me messing up with the customization :?
Tony Li

Re: My articy localization is sometimes reset

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

I'll double check that. The Dialogue Editor is getting a revamp, too.

I'd think only the first line is necessary (if any line is necessary) since it's a ScriptableObject asset and not a prefab.
_marc

Post by _marc »

Thank you!
_marc

Post by _marc »

Tony Li wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 8:03 am I'd think only the first line is necessary (if any line is necessary) since it's a ScriptableObject asset and not a prefab.
That's what I thought, but strangely without the 2nd line, the bug happens again. Here are the steps to reproduce it:
-> import localization
-> enter PlayMode
-> exit PlayMode
-> enter PlayMode again: the localization is gone.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Thanks! I'll incorporate that line. It doesn't hurt -- and apparently it helps! This is probably related to a bug in Unity's Asset Database v2 that I've been running into for a while.