Sequence bug --or something I am missing

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Darth_Souls

Sequence bug --or something I am missing

Post by Darth_Souls »

Hi there,

This is the situation:
At the beginning of a conversation I send the camera to a new position (GameObject) which works fine.

Code: Select all

AnimatorPlay(RatziTalking,RatziStart);LiveCamera(RachaHoverCam,,3); {{default}}
Then later on, when I want to switch to another camera position with...

AnimatorPlay(TalkingLong,RachaNPC);LiveCamera(RachaHoverCam2,,3); {{default}}
...I get this error message:

Dialogue System: Sequencer: Camera subject '' wasn't found.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning (object)
PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.SequencerCommands.SequencerCommandCamera:Start () (at Assets/Plugins/Pixel Crushers/Dialogue System/Scripts/MVC/Sequencer/Commands/SequencerCommandCamera.cs:61)
Thing is, that camera subject DOES exist. When I swap the camera positions in the dialogue, the camera DOES go up the first time to RachaHoverCam2 but the throws the same error message later on for RachaHoverCam (which is a camera position that works, determined in the original sequence).

The camera-target objects are in the same position in the hierarchy, on the same layer (there basically identical, bar their positions).

There most be something in the sequence I am doing wrong. If not, this may be a bug?
Last edited by Darth_Souls on Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darth_Souls

Re: Sequence bug --or something I am missing

Post by Darth_Souls »

Okay, the problem wasn't with the GameObject, but leaving out 'listener'. THAT was I was missing. Still not sure then why it refuses to go to a default camera subject. The error comes from a sequence in the NPC's node.

PS: You can delete this topic if you feel this is cluttering the board.
Tony Li

Re: Sequence bug --or something I am missing

Post by Tony Li »

Got it. LiveCamera() currently doesn't use any default values for the subject, so you need to include 'listener' (as you did) or 'speaker' or a GameObject name. In the next release, I'll make sure LiveCamera() uses 'speaker' as the default if you leave the second parameter blank -- not that this would have helped in your case, since you'd want to use 'listener'.