currentConversationState.subtitle don't work

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
21_brother

currentConversationState.subtitle don't work

Post by 21_brother »

i want to use DialogueManager.currentConversationState.subtitle.dialogueEntry.outgoingLinks,but DialogueManager.currentConversationState.subtitle return error,i think it's because "Group"is set to true,this make the conversation disactive and cant get diaglogueEntry,what should i do?

ths scripts are in custom lua function "checknextquest("")" ,thank you so much for your help
Attachments
I(~1TP%_9V7M9ZKZ}6L1)XY.png
I(~1TP%_9V7M9ZKZ}6L1)XY.png (68.54 KiB) Viewed 210 times
DialogueManager.currentConversationState.subtitle;
DialogueManager.currentConversationState.subtitle;
SBGDW]XB4O`ZMLI1}JN]H60.png (35.69 KiB) Viewed 210 times
21_brother

Re: currentConversationState.subtitle don't work

Post by 21_brother »

i tried to use DialogueManager.MasterDatabase.GetDialogueEntry but failed to get DialogueID :cry:
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

The currentConversationState should never stop on a Group node. It will always process the Group node and then check its outgoingLinks (if Conditions are true) or stop and not use the Group node (if Conditions are false).
21_brother

Post by 21_brother »

i want to handle the condition check manually by checking the link's conversation data (outside the dialogue system,store if every conversation have been runned and other info,but need dialogue id or title),so i want to get the link's dialogue info before getting in a conversation ,anyway i can do it?
21_brother

Post by 21_brother »

i use lua function conditions, checkquest("actorname","conversationname","conversationstate") and it work well,but i need to edit every lua before entering every conversation ,so i want it check next conversation automatically
21_brother

Post by 21_brother »

Tony Li wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:00 pm Hi,

The currentConversationState should never stop on a Group node. It will always process the Group node and then check its outgoingLinks (if Conditions are true) or stop and not use the Group node (if Conditions are false).
can i have more hints about my follow up reply,thank you very much.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

If I understand you correctly, you can use the Dialogue System's special script methods.

Use OnPrepareConversationLine(DialogueEntry) to change the Conditions of a dialogue entry before it is evaluated.

You can also use SimStatus to know is a dialogue entry has been used before.