[Solved]About visual novel framework.

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
HaiiroMukuro

Re: About visual novel framework.

Post by HaiiroMukuro »

Inside the dialog manager. I put my sequence trigger.
And here are the scenes I have.
The scene with visual novel framework is named "Prologue0.1"
and the scene suppose to be load is the scene "Level1.1"
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Would it be possible for you to send a copy of your project to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com? I'm still not sure what's going on with the music and scene change.

Also, an issue was found with LevelManager and scene names containing periods ( "." ). If you want to use scenes with periods in their names, please update to version 1.6.6. Otherwise rename your scenes (e.g., "Level1_1"). Version 1.6.6 is still pending on the Unity Asset Store, but you can download it from the Pixel Crushers customer download site. If you need access to the download site, please PM me your Unity Asset Store invoice number.
HaiiroMukuro

Post by HaiiroMukuro »

it but the project is almost 5gb, I import a lot of assets and my internet is too slow. :lol:
But if it won't work. Maybe I'll try using play maker.
Thanks for the generosity to help, and have a great day sir! :D
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

We can make it work without sending me the project. I just thought that might be a fast way to do it.

Is the music in Level1.1? For example, is it on an Audio Source in Level1.1? If yes, then Level1.1 is loading. We just need to hide the old background image.

Are the background images still organized under Luke > Canvas > Gameplay Panel? If so, then to turn off the Bedroom image and turn on the Dinning Table image, use this Sequence:

Code: Select all

SetActive(Bedroom, false);
SetActive(Dinning Table, true)
You could put this in a Sequence Trigger in Level1.1, and set it to OnStart.
HaiiroMukuro

Post by HaiiroMukuro »

I'm done with the background images, they working fine. But when I load the scene. it returns to the Mainmenu.
Just like this.
Before
Now
I dont know what is the problem. I'm still thinking for the cause of the problem.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Since the Visual Novel Framework was originally designed to run in one gameplay scene, it looks like I have to make a small adjustment to allow it to run correctly in multiple scenes. I'll make those changes today, publish an updated package to the Dialogue System Extras page, and include a multi-scene example.
HaiiroMukuro

Post by HaiiroMukuro »

Thanks a lot! :D
HaiiroMukuro

Post by HaiiroMukuro »

Its bugging me. Will I encounter problems if I separate the database of scenes? Because, the prologue scene and the level one scene have different database.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

HaiiroMukuro wrote:Its bugging me. Will I encounter problems if I separate the database of scenes? Because, the prologue scene and the level one scene have different database.
It's possible to use multiple databases, but it's a little more complicated to manage. It's easier to put everything in one database.

If you want to use one database, you can merge the contents of one database into another using the Merge feature on the Dialogue Editor window's Database tab. Note that you can use forward slash characters ( "/" ) in conversation titles to group them into sub-menus. For example, you could title your conversations:
  • Prologue/France
  • Prologue/India
  • Prologue/China
  • France/Paris
  • France/Marseille
  • France/Bordeaux, etc.

If you want to use multiple databases, here are some notes to read:
  • If you define a variable in a database, that variable will only exist while the database is loaded. For example, say you have different databases for the prologue scene and the level-one scene. If you're in the prologue scene, you can't access variables in the level-one scene's database. So handle this, some developers create another database (for example, named "Global") that always remains loaded. This database is assigned to the Dialogue Manager's Initial Database property, and it contains all content that must be available everywhere, including in saved games.
  • To load other databases, they use Extra Databases components. You can put this on a GameObject in the scene. Set the Add Trigger to OnStart and the Remove Trigger to OnDestroy. Then add the database(s) to the list.
  • You may also find it useful to Sync Assets From Another Database. This makes the content, such as variables, available in the Dialogue Editor window.
  • Final note: If you use multiple databases, you must ensure that their internal ID numbers don't overlap. You can use the Unique ID Tool to do this.
I'm getting to work now on updating the Visual Novel framework and creating an example with multiple scenes.
HaiiroMukuro

Post by HaiiroMukuro »

Now I understand, thank you! :)