Click To Skip Response Time Dialogue

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
rloft123

Click To Skip Response Time Dialogue

Post by rloft123 »

Hello, my question is if there's a simple way where a click could bypass the default delay time from when the text is displayed and your responses show up. The default in the Dialogue System Controller under subtitle settings is 2 seconds. I want to keep it like that, but is there a way where if a player is impatiently waiting can the response text options appear quicker? I want to also eventually make the text display slowly coming from the NPC in a typewriter fashion, and in that too if a player impatiently clicks I'd like that text to load quicker as well. Thanks.
Tony Li

Re: Click To Skip Response Time Dialogue

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

On the Dialogue Manager GameObject, set Display Settings > Subtitle Settings > Continue Button to Optional.

Here's a list of all of the available values for the Continue Button dropdown and what they do:

Continue Button Modes

Make sure your dialogue UI's subtitle panel(s) have continue buttons. All of the prefabs that ship with the Dialogue System have continue buttons.
rloft123

Post by rloft123 »

That makes sense, I was hoping there would be a simple way where you click anywhere in the text window to do this. Lets say there is a typewriter effect for the NPC dialogue, and you click to auto complete it if impatient to read at a quicker pace.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Yes, that's easy to set up. See: How To: Continue Without UI Button