Sequencer Camera?

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
chainsawPenguin

Sequencer Camera?

Post by chainsawPenguin »

I'm following the Quick Start, and the Dialogue System appears to be creating a "Sequencer Camera", which is overriding my game camera. If I disable it, and then go to enter the trigger area, it re-enables it and plays my conversation... But it's pointing at nothing way over across the map, nowhere near my trigger area.

How do I:

1 - make this not enabled when first starting the scene?
2 - point at the conversation that's happening, rather than a random mountain?

Thanks in advance for any guidance or suggestions!

~~ chainsawpenguin ~~
Tony Li

Re: Sequencer Camera?

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Try setting your game camera's tag to MainCamera.

When the Dialogue System starts a conversation -- more accurately, when it starts a sequencer -- this is how it works with cameras:
  • If the Dialogue Manager's Display Settings > Camera Settings > Sequencer Camera is unassigned (the default value):
    • If the scene has an active camera tagged MainCamera, it will borrow that camera. At the end of the conversation, it will return the camera to its original position.
    • Otherwise, if there is no camera tagged MainCamera, it will create a new, temporary Sequencer Camera. (This is what's happening in your scene.)
  • If the Dialogue Manager's Sequencer Camera is assigned, it will make a clone and use it.
chainsawPenguin

Post by chainsawPenguin »

Great, thanks!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Happy to help! If you have any issues with it, let me know, or feel free to send an example scene to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com.