Wait for continue Button ans SceneLoad

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Kamotachi

Wait for continue Button ans SceneLoad

Post by Kamotachi »

Hi!

I'm really sorry to ask, I'm looking at the guide, but I cannot move forward.
I've a couple of doubts.

1. Is it possible to indicate that a sequence is played after pressing the continue button? Something similar to @ (Typed) but after pressing the Continue button. I'm trying to :

Code: Select all

Fade(out)->Message(Done);
LoadLevel(scenen02)@Message(Done);
After pressing "Continue Button".

2. I'm trying to make a little visual novel, to learn how this plugin works (btw I 'm very happy to bought it!). I've noticed that Dialogue System isn't destroyed when switching between scenes.

Should all Portraits of the game be loaded from the first scene? Can I make only text in one scene (without any portrait appearing, but in the next one show a portrait ? I don't get it, the portrait of the previous scene reappears.

If anyone knows in which section of the guide I can inform myself it would be very useful to me.
Thank you very much! ^^
Tony Li

Re: Wait for continue Button ans SceneLoad

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,
Kamotachi wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:42 pm1. Is it possible to indicate that a sequence is played after pressing the continue button? Something similar to @ (Typed) but after pressing the Continue button. I'm trying to :

After pressing "Continue Button".
Add another node, and put the sequence in that node instead. Leave the node's Dialogue Text blank. Set the Sequence to:

Continue()@Message(Done)
Kamotachi wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:42 pm2. I'm trying to make a little visual novel, to learn how this plugin works (btw I 'm very happy to bought it!). I've noticed that Dialogue System isn't destroyed when switching between scenes.

Should all Portraits of the game be loaded from the first scene? Can I make only text in one scene (without any portrait appearing, but in the next one show a portrait ? I don't get it, the portrait of the previous scene reappears.
Are you using the portraits assigned to the actors in the Dialogue Editor?If so, then those portraits should only appear during conversations. In this case, you don't have to put the portraits into the scene. Instead, they will be in the dialogue database, available to use whenever a conversation needs them.
Kamotachi

Post by Kamotachi »

Thanks Toni! It seems that I have made some progress, but I'm still having problems.

Uhm... I'm a little confused ... hahaha :lol:

LoadLevel(scene02)@Message(Done);
Continue()@Message(Done)
Works well, but if you press "Continue Button" while it's doing the Fade(out), the LoadLevel() no works.
In any case it's not a big deal, I can remove de Fade and solved xD

----

The portraits... I'm using portraits with Animator Controller. That's my case:

-I've two Portraits with Animator, childs to the Dialogue system (to be preserved in the scene changes).

-I've two Subtitle Panels . In theirStandart UI Subtitle Panel script , in Portrait Image, I dragged their respective animated portraits.

- I've an object with Dialogue Actor script, with the Actor and his Subtitle Panel selected.

-I've an Empty Object with the Trigger script, and play "conversation 1" On Start.

When I play the scene, works well, but the problem appear when I Load another scene.

Then... I 've 2 scenes. In scene 1 a Trigger "play conversation 1" on start, in the scene 2, a trigger play "conversation 2" on start. For some reason, the actor appear, the Text panel appears too ... it's all alright, but the dialogue not start, It gets stuck there.
I've got the impression that the previous conversation doesn't "close" or something like that. I really don't know.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

You can still use the fade. Try this:

SetContinueMode(false);
SetContinueMode(true)@Message(Done);
LoadLevel(scene02)@Message(Done);
Continue()@Message(Done)
The extra commands (SetContinueMode) disable the continue button while fading out.
Kamotachi wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:04 pmI 've 2 scenes. In scene 1 a Trigger "play conversation 1" on start, in the scene 2, a trigger play "conversation 2" on start. For some reason, the actor appear, the Text panel appears too ... it's all alright, but the dialogue not start, It gets stuck there.
I've got the impression that the previous conversation doesn't "close" or something like that. I really don't know.
That is probably what's happening. Try this Sequence:

SetContinueMode(false);
LoadLevel(scene02)@Message(Done)
and in the first node of the next conversation, use this Sequence:

SetContinueMode(true); {{default}}
The {{default}} makes it also play the Dialogue Manager's Default Sequence.
Kamotachi

Post by Kamotachi »

If I put {{default}} on the START node, it slows down a bit before starting, but everything works fine. Once again, thank you very much Toni! It's okay like that!

Just one last doubt (I'm so sorry, I promise not to bother you anymore ^^ ').

I want a single SubtitlePanel (with its associated portrait) to appear on the screen, never two at a time.
When changing the Actor in any node of the dialog:
- The current Subtitle/Portrait takes time to hide.
- The text of the node starts and when the previous Subtitle/Portrait is hidden, the text is also hidden too, leaving only the second Subtitle/Portrait on the screen, without text and without being able to continue.

I have also noticed that the Actors appear and disappear without making use of the Show / Hide animation.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,
Kamotachi wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:28 amIf I put {{default}} on the START node, it slows down a bit before starting, but everything works fine. Once again, thank you very much Toni! It's okay like that!
If you want to reduce the slow down, change {{default}} to Delay(0.1)

If you want to investigate it further in the future, just let me know.
Kamotachi wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:28 amI want a single SubtitlePanel (with its associated portrait) to appear on the screen, never two at a time.
To show only one subtitle panel at a time, inspect the subtitle panels. Change the Visibility dropdown to Until Superceded or Only During Content.
Kamotachi wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:28 amWhen changing the Actor in any node of the dialog:
- The current Subtitle/Portrait takes time to hide.
- The text of the node starts and when the previous Subtitle/Portrait is hidden, the text is also hidden too, leaving only the second Subtitle/Portrait on the screen, without text and without being able to continue.

I have also noticed that the Actors appear and disappear without making use of the Show / Hide animation.
In this case, try assigning a different text element to each subtitle panel. Don't reuse the same text element for multiple subtitle panels' Subtitle Text fields.