2D Character Animations (SOLVED)

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Kamotachi

2D Character Animations (SOLVED)

Post by Kamotachi »

Hi! I'm new here! ^^ I'm enjoying this asset very much, I am learning little by little.
I was searching but I did't find the information that I needed. I'm trying to change the animations of two 2D avatars that dialogue, (VisualNovel style). Just like in this YouTube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC451ATbwfE

But not in the "Default Sequence" of the "Dialogue Manager", in my case is during the conversation. I've made captures with what I have to see if someone is able to see where I'm failing. Since idle animation is played, but I can't get it to change to any other animation.

1- I've an Animator Controler with 2 animations ( Idle, Trembling )
2- I've an empty Object with Dialogue Actor Script, ( with the Player and controller selected)
3- "Use Animated Protraits" is selected
4- In the Dialogue, in Sequence, I put " AnimatorPlay("Name Of The Animation I Want To Play");

What is wrong? Idle ( first animation) goes nice, but not changes anymore It's probably silly but I can't see where I'm failing ...

Thanks!

**EDIT: The console says : Dialogue System: Sequencer: AnimatorPlay("Trembling", charLEFT, fade=0, layer=-1): No Animator found on charLEFT
UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)

But charLeft don't need an animator ... or yes? :( In fact the idle animation is playing
Last edited by Kamotachi on Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tony Li

Re: 2D Character Animations

Post by Tony Li »

Give each Portrait Image a unique name. For example, rename Subtitle Panel 1's Portrait Image to "Portrait Image 1":

animPortrait1.png
animPortrait1.png (68 KiB) Viewed 585 times

Then tell the animator on Portrait Image 1 to play the
  • Sequence: AnimatorPlay(Trembling, Portrait Image 1)
Kamotachi

Re: 2D Character Animations

Post by Kamotachi »

Oh! That was! I knew it was silly! Thank you very much!!! :mrgreen: Solved!!!
Tony Li

Re: 2D Character Animations (SOLVED)

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help!