troubles with menu framework and save system troubles

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
tohaMem

troubles with menu framework and save system troubles

Post by tohaMem »

Hello!
There were several problems with saves. The project uses a menu framework.

1. When the player makes a save and does not exit the game to the desktop, everything works well and correctly, all selections are saved. If the player exits the game and loads a save, the game starts over, as if losing all saved information.

2. If a player starts a new game without first going to the desktop, character will spawn in the void.

How can I fix this?
Tony Li

Re: troubles with menu framework and save system troubles

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Which menu framework? Are you using the Menu Framework addon available on the Dialogue System Extras page?

Are there any errors or warnings in the Console window?

> 1. When the player makes a save and does not exit the game to the desktop, everything works well and correctly, all selections are saved. If the player exits the game and loads a save, the game starts over, as if losing all saved information.

> 2. If a player starts a new game without first going to the desktop, character will spawn in the void.

This suggests that some information in your game is not initialized properly.
tohaMem

Post by tohaMem »

Yes, I'm using the Menu Framework addon!
And no, no errors or something. For second bug I made video. Usually all errors appear at the bottom, yes.
https://youtu.be/JdCGZ7a8uQw
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

I'm sorry. I don't understand what that video is showing because I'm not familiar with what the correct behavior looks like.

Try ticking the "Debug" checkbox on the Save System component and the PlayerPrefs Saved Game Data Storer component. This will log the save data when you save and load. The save data will be in JSON text format. If you search for the saver keys (e.g., Dialogue System Saver > Key value, Position Saver > Key value, etc), you can get an idea of which data are being saved and restored.

If that doesn't help, please feel free to send a reproduction project to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com. Include the exact steps I should follow to reproduce the issue, what I should see if it were working correctly, and what I will see currently when it's not working correctly.
tohaMem

Post by tohaMem »

So...yeah, Save System doesn't debug and saving Dialogue System, so i added on Dialogue Manager Saver script and game dosen't start over! It works.

But still... If player starts a new game without exiting to the desktop, character will spawn in the void like in the video. Dialogue Manager is working by the way.
But he should spawn in place like this:

I have no idea, why... But if you don't know too, I'll send files, yes. Thank you!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Does the player have a Position Saver component? Make sure to set its Key to a unique value such as "playerPosition".
tohaMem

Post by tohaMem »

Yes, it's on the player. But still doesn't work, hm... Player spawn in exatly same position, in right location, but there is no objects.

Here is Position Saver settings:
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hello,

Assign the player GameObject, not the spawnpoint, to the Target. The Target is the GameObject whose position the PositionSaver will save.
tohaMem

Post by tohaMem »

Got it! But still...not working :((
But I send you my project!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Thank you. Please include the steps I must follow to reproduce the issue -- for example, what scene to load, what buttons to click, etc.