Timeline Control loopaable animation

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
mudukke

Timeline Control loopaable animation

Post by mudukke »

I have been using Timeline and the sequence to control timeline pacing. Is there a way to have the animation be loopable until the next dialogue? At the moment I am using Timeline(speed, timeline, 0) which helps to control speed but it stops the animation can this work when you have choices?
Tony Li

Re: Timeline Control loopaable animation

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

When a Timeline animator track controls an Animator, it controls it completely. If you pause the timeline, it pauses the Animator. The only way around this is to not use an animator track. Instead, control the animation using animator parameters (e.g., use trigger parameters or float parameters to trigger the animator into walking, idling, etc.).
mudukke

Post by mudukke »

Can you trigger animation by the sequence or by the signal emitters on the timeline? Also if I increase the length of duration for the continue button will this allow dialogue to stay longer onscreen
Attachments
continue button.png
continue button.png (10.64 KiB) Viewed 317 times
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

> Can you trigger animation by the sequence or by the signal emitters on the timeline?

Yes. Since you're already running a conversation, by sequencer command would probably be easiest.

> Also if I increase the length of duration for the continue button will this allow dialogue to stay longer onscreen

No. The Continue Conversation clip runs immediately and simulates a continue button click. Make sure your conversation waits for continue button clicks (e.g., set Conversation Properties > Override Display Settings > Subtitle Settings > Continue Button to Always).

The Continue Conversation clip will advance the conversation to the next dialogue entry and show that next entry's text.

If you want the subtitle to stay onscreen for a duration and then disappear for some time before advancing the conversation, use the HidePanel() sequencer command. For example, set Conversation Properties > Override Display Settings > Camera Settings > Default Sequence to something like:

Code: Select all

HidePanel(0)@Message(Typed)
mudukke

Post by mudukke »

Thanks Tony that really helped! Just another question regarding using sequences for animations. I have an animator that has layers and blend trees.

For example if I want to access an layer with animation using trigger/animationbool would be like this.:

AnimatorBool(Movement, true)
AnimatorInt(Idle, 1)
AnimatorBool(Movement, false)
Attachments
animator1.png
animator1.png (68.41 KiB) Viewed 308 times
animator.png
animator.png (97.42 KiB) Viewed 308 times
blendtree.png
blendtree.png (63.52 KiB) Viewed 308 times
mudukke

Post by mudukke »

I also did a small test to stop timeline and use the sequencer for the animations but nothing happened this is what I used:

Timeline(speed, 15. Reminiscing At Sunset, 0);
AnimatorBool(Talking, true);
AnimatorBool(Talking, false)@{{end}}
mudukke

Post by mudukke »

I also did a small test to stop the timeline and use the sequencer for the animations but nothing happened this is what I used:

Timeline(speed, 15. Reminiscing At Sunset, 0);
AnimatorBool(Talking, true);
AnimatorBool(Talking, false)@{{end}}

Also regarding the continue button is there a way to cut to a different camera when you click on continue on the timeline? Or do I use the sequence command for this Thanks
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Temporarily set the Dialogue Manager's Other Settings > Debug Level to Info. (video tutorial - more info)

Each sequencer command should log two lines to the Console. The first shows the command as the sequencer parser understands it and puts it in the queue to run. The second line appears when the command actually tries to run.

When those sequencer commands run, are they finding the correct GameObject for the AnimatorBool() commands? Are there any errors or warnings in the Console window?