Dialogue UI prefabs getting mangled

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
7ports

Dialogue UI prefabs getting mangled

Post by 7ports »

Hi Forum,

I've recently gotten to a point in my project where I'm reworking the visuals of my Dialogue UIs with new assets. I've opened a prefab of one of the UIs I'd previously customized and found it in a very weird state despite not having edited it in a while.

In the scene view the UI is completely scrambled and looks nothing like what it does in game. This is especially puzzling since the UI still works completely fine when instantiated and used by the dialogue system. All 3 different dialogue UIs I've customized are in a similar state, and all of them work fine when used by the dialogue system.

I'm using Git for version control, but I somewhat doubt that being the problem. I've included some screenshots of what the scene views of these prefabs look like as well.

If there is any way you can help fix these prefabs or if you've seen this problem before please let me know.

Cheers,
Raj
Attachments
dialogueUI scrambled fullscreen.png
dialogueUI scrambled fullscreen.png (64.57 KiB) Viewed 204 times
dialogueUI scrambled classic.png
dialogueUI scrambled classic.png (44.26 KiB) Viewed 204 times
7ports

Re: Dialogue UI prefabs getting mangled

Post by 7ports »

Hey Forum,

I've worked it out, it turns out the canvas environment was copying the aspect of my game view which I usually like to have side by side to my scene view. As I made the game view smaller to get a better look of the scene view the canvas shrunk and made the UI look inaccurate.
Tony Li

Re: Dialogue UI prefabs getting mangled

Post by Tony Li »

You beat me to the answer. :-) I'm glad you got it all worked out.