Missing Inventory Engine Lua Component

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
happyshabbygames

Missing Inventory Engine Lua Component

Post by happyshabbygames »

Hello!

I've been trying to follow the steps to get Lua functionality between Dialogue System and Inventory Engine, but the Inventory Engine Lua component isn't showing up when I try to add component to my Dialogue Manager, and I get and error when trying to call the MM Lua functions. I searched thoroughly before posting but wasn't able to find someone with the same issue. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
Tony Li

Re: Missing Inventory Engine Lua Component

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Make sure you've imported both Inventory Engine Support packages:

Plugins / Pixel Crushers / Common / Third Party Support / Inventory Engine Support.unitypackage
Plugins / Pixel Crushers / Dialogue System / Third Party Support / Inventory Engine Support.unitypackage

and that there are no errors or warnings in the Console window that would prevent Unity from compiling your project.
happyshabbygames

Post by happyshabbygames »

Thanks Tony. I figured it out. I had to double click on the packages you listed that I had already imported from the package manager to then import the correct scripts. I assumed importing all of Dialogue Manager from the package manager imported all the scripts I needed.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Yup, you got it. Third party integrations are included as separate unitypackages inside the Third Party Support folders.