[solved]Two or more quest in 1 NPC

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
HaiiroMukuro

[solved]Two or more quest in 1 NPC

Post by HaiiroMukuro »

Good day! I'm trying to put a 2 quest in one npc. The 1st quest working fine, but I'm having trouble putting the next quest. The next quest will be the player will be friend to the npc using the right choice of dialogues. What I did is I put 2 Conversation triggers in the NPC. the Conversation titles are the Quest 1 and the Quest 2. whenever I change the conditions or checking the "Skip if No valid entries" and change the conditions. What happen is sometimes the conversation jumps to Quest 2 and the conversation won't trigger. Please enlighten me. :cry:
Last edited by HaiiroMukuro on Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tony Li

Re: Two or more quest in 1 NPC

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Here's an example scene: OneNPCTwoQuests_2016-07-17.unitypackage

It imports into the folder "Dialogue System Examples/One NPC Two Quests".
  • The scene starts with one quest active: "Find a Friend".
  • Talk to Private Hart to become friends. This sets "Find a Friend" to success.
  • If you talk a second time, Private Hart will ask you for help with a math question. If you tell him you'll return with the answer, it will set the second quest, "Help Your Friend" to active. If you talk a third time (or if you provide the answer right away), it will set "Help Your Friend" to success.
I used two Conversation Triggers. The first Conversation Trigger's Condition requires that the "Find a Friend" quest is active. The second Conversation Trigger's Condition requires that the same quest ("Find a Friend") is already successful:

HaiiroMukuro

Post by HaiiroMukuro »

Thank you sir!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help!