RPG Builder questions

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Wolf Dreamer

RPG Builder questions

Post by Wolf Dreamer »

RPG Builder > AI > Dialogue System if I duplicate something listed there it names it the address that they are found at, Assets/Blink/Tools/RPGBuilder/Resources/Database/DialogueSystemNPCTemplates/HumanNPC for instance.

Changing the name just makes a new item, and its still there with that long name. It also can not be deleted. The Delete button will not work on it, but works fine on others.
-------

I saw your tutorial here: but that's not for the RPG Builder bit mixed in. Instead of creating a player object, how do I link it to the player object that RPG Builder spawns?
Tony Li

Re: RPG Builder questions

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Add a Dialogue Actor component to your player prefab, and set the Actor dropdown to Player. This will associate your player with the Player actor in conversations.

I'm not sure what you mean about duplicating NPCs in the RPG Builder window's AI > Dialogue System. I did this test:

1. Selected HumanNPC.

2. Clicked Duplicate. This created a new NPC named "HumanNPC 1".

3. Select HumanNPC 1 and clicked Delete. This deleted HumanNPC 1 without affecting any other NPCs. I tried this twice, once without clicking Save after duplicating and after deleting; and another time clicking Save.
Wolf Dreamer

Post by Wolf Dreamer »

With RPG Builder's demo, there is no player object to do that with. They load things from C#. I'll go ask the guy in his discord.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Sorry, I misspoke. I was just answering someone else about a different RPG framework prior to replying here.

The integration code gets the player directly from GameState.playerEntity. No need to do anything with a player prefab.