Failures in the timeline

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Kamotachi

Failures in the timeline

Post by Kamotachi »

Hello!
I'm having some problems when using the dialog system in a timeline for cutscenes.
It's a bit complicated, I'll try to explain it as best as possible.

In my game, drawings/avatars appear when there is dialogue. They 've animations and different avatars that I change with SetPortrait(x,x)and AnimatorPlay(x,x) from the Sequencer.

This is what I do:

- I have GameObjects with the "DialogueActor" component to customize the Subtitle Panel Actor, and the Portrait Animator Controller.
- On the Timeline, I create a "Conversation Track".
- At the opportune moments that I want a subtitle to appear, in that track I add "Add Conversation Clip".
- I mark the box "Jump to Specific Entry" and select the line of the dialogue that interests me.

The problem:

The problem comes when there are more than 2 participants in the conversation,
or when I start a conversation somewhere on the timeline with a new participant. Let's call them A, B and C.
A and B talk, and they work fine, but when C appears it doesn't load what's in the Sequencer (portrait changes or animations).
What can be happening?
Tony Li

Re: Failures in the timeline

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

I don't know. I assume you're referring to the "Start Conversation" clip. Instead of using multiple Start Conversation clips, consider using a single Start Conversation clip, and use Continue Conversation clips to advance the conversation to the next node.

If you want to hide the subtitle panel between nodes, you can use the HidePanel() sequencer command in your dialogue entry's Sequence or the conversation's Default Sequence.