AC Integration: template not loading in AC

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Darth_Souls

AC Integration: template not loading in AC

Post by Darth_Souls »

Hi there,

Just purchased DS and trying to setup a pipeline using Articy:Draft. I am unable to open your template in AC3. I have worked in AC3 for a while, so I am not sure what's going on. AC seems to completely ignore me trying to open the template.

1. This may be an AC issue, I understand, but I was wondering if more people had this issue and how they resolved it.

2. In case I do not manage to open the DS-template in AC: is there anything vital in that template that would prevent me from creating my own AC project from scratch and successfully import it into DS?

Thanks in advance!
Tony Li

Re: AC Integration: template not loading in AC

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

By AC I assume you mean articy:draft, correct?

There's nothing vital in the template. However, you should be able to open the template's ProjectInfo.aph in any articy version 2 or higher. The template is in a zip file in Assets/Plugins/Pixel Crushers/Dialogue System/Templates/Articy Draft Template Project. I just tested opening it in articy 3.1 and 3.2. It's in an older version of articy for compatibility with the widest range of articy versions, so you may see this message:

This project is about to be converted to file format of a new articy:draft version. ... Do you want to proceed?

Click to proceed.

If you don't want to use the template, or if you can't open it for some reason, you can just set up any special properties you need as documented in Articy:draft Import.
Darth_Souls

Post by Darth_Souls »

Thank you for your reply.

I did find the template (and am familiar with the concept of a Zip-file, who isn't ;) )
The thing is I don't get any feedback from AC, it just ignores the file, when I try to open/import it.

I have managed to setup a rudimentary workflow (AC --> DS) now with a project from scratch, with branching dialogues and conditions working, but the project would be really helpful in regards of (examples for) communicating with Quests for instance.

Using AC 3.2.2, but I guess there isn't much you can do either...
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Let's make sure your copy of the zip file isn't corrupt. When you unzipped it, are these files inside the Articy Template folder?

Assets/
Partitions/
Sessions/
Assets.sqlite
ProjectInfo.aph

If so, then if you right-click on ProjectInfo.aph and select CRC SHA > CRC-32 (assuming this context menu item is available in your Windows Explorer), does it show a size of 858 bytes and CRC32 of C892D4EA?

If not, the template probably wouldn't have helped much anyway regarding quests. It just sets up the property templates, but it doesn't contain any example quests. If you have any questions about setting up quests, please let me know.
Darth_Souls

Post by Darth_Souls »

This is the data from the checksum:

Name: ProjectInfo.aph
Size: 3403916 bytes (3324 KiB)
CRC32: A6067EF5

(And looking at the tutorial, the example does contain an example quest, right? This riddle quest? I know how to create quests in DS, but AC throws everything under entities, which takes some extra time to figure out, but I think I'll manage. I've just noticed examples work sooo much better than most tutorials :) )
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

That's the articy tutorial project, not the template. You can find the template project in this location in your Unity project:

Assets/Plugins/Pixel Crushers/Dialogue System/Templates/Articy Draft Template Project

Did you get the tutorial project from the YouTube tutorial video? I'll check it today to see if it needs updating.
Darth_Souls

Post by Darth_Souls »

I got the template from the Unity package.

I double checked now, and these are the data from the right, unpacked Articy Template from the DS package:

Name: ProjectInfo.aph
Size: 3846090 bytes (3755 KiB)
CRC32: DF83B2F1

BTW: Got the quests up and running now in my own project :)
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Strange that the size and CRC are different. Anyway, I'm glad you got quests up and running! If you have any questions about using articy with the Dialogue System, or anything else Dialogue System-related, just let me know.