Visual Novel Framework

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Wyldhunt

Visual Novel Framework

Post by Wyldhunt »

I'm trying to use the Visual Novel Framework from the Dialog System Extras page.
I get a bunch of errors because it imports alternate versions of scripts from the menu framework.
Does it need to be updated, or am I just doing something wrong?
Tony Li

Re: Visual Novel Framework

Post by Tony Li »

Since the Visual Novel Framework package has its own menus, it isn't designed to work with the Menu Framework package. I'll add a task to the work list to allow them to work together in the same project.
Puppii

Post by Puppii »

Hello,

I was thinking about downloading the Menu Framework from the extras page.
It looks like the date on the current package is 2022-12-26 https://www.pixelcrushers.com/download/ ... 1686675039
Does this version still have problems working with the visual novel framework?
Thanks.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

No, I haven't had a chance to tackle that task yet. The Visual Novel starter framework does have a menu system already. Are there any features in its own menu system that you need from the Menu Framework addon?
Puppii

Post by Puppii »

Oh no no. I haven't fully explored the Visual Novel starter framework yet, so it probably has everything I need for now. No rush on this. I just wanted to make sure I didn't download something that would give me these duplicate errors.
But I'll check them out in different project to learn and help me with what I want to use going forward.
Thanks.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Sounds good! If you have any questions about using the VN starter framework, let me know.