Dialogue System for Unity & Batchmode

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
nehvaleem

Dialogue System for Unity & Batchmode

Post by nehvaleem »

Hi Tony,
I've noticed that there are a lot of calls to WaitForEndOfFrame in the Dialogue System for Unity source files. Since this isn't supported in batch mode https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/CLIBatc ... tines.html (actually it causes the coroutines using it to never finish) and it breaks the ability to run play mode tests that includes interaction with the dialogue system. I am curious if you consider replacing those calls with any equivalent or similar call (like yield return null)?

I would like to make some sort of automated QA with recorded or generated user input but it wouldn't be possible because of the WaitForEndOfFrame calls present.

What comes to my mind is to wrap WaitForEndOfFrame in some custom function that will return yield return null if application is in batchmode or WaitForEndOfFrame otherwise. What do you think?

Thanks in advance!
Tony Li

Re: Dialogue System for Unity & Batchmode

Post by Tony Li »

That's on the roadmap for the big version 3.0 update (pretty far down the road), but I'll see if I can get it implemented earlier.
nehvaleem

Post by nehvaleem »

That would be great! Appreciate it!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

This is in version 2.2.34. Define the scripting symbol BATCH_MODE to make the Dialogue System use "yield return null" instead of "yield return new WaitForEndOfFrame()".