Indentifying AC Cutscene calls by Hierarchy calls?

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
SuperSparkplug

Indentifying AC Cutscene calls by Hierarchy calls?

Post by SuperSparkplug »

My game uses both Dialogue System and Adventure Creator.

I currently have a situation in my game where I have about 6 characters in one place that are gonna have similar Cutscene events around them that move the camera that are going to be called during dialogue via the Sequencer (Eg. CameraLeft, CameraRight, etc.).

However, I need to name each cutscene uniquely so it can be properly identified by the sequencer. I'm currently using one character as a template for the others. Each character however, is gonna have similarly named Cutscenes I'll later configure, but named differently. Both because I'm lazy and I want to improve my efficiency for later development, I don't want to have to rename the 15 different cutscene camera positions and animations for each character for the sequencer to properly work. Is there a way to specify which exact cutscene you're looking for amongst those with the same name if they're organized in the hierarchy?

For example, normally, you'd use AC(CameraLeft) to call a CameraLeft Adventure Creator Cutscene in the Hierarchy. However, is there a way to make it so if there are like 6 different CameraLefts all organized in different named Empty Game Objects you can identify which one? As an example, say I make 6 empty game objects (named Char1, Char2, etc) for each character to categorize them and they all have the Cutscene gameobjects called CameraLeft, could I, in the Sequencer's AC Code, specify I want Char1's CameraLeft specifically or no? AC(Char1/CameraLeft) maybe?
Tony Li

Re: Indentifying AC Cutscene calls by Hierarchy calls?

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Yes, you can use: AC(Char1/CameraLeft).

Also, if you know the active conversation's current conversant is Char1, and Char1 is the name of the actor and the name of the GameObject containing CameraLeft, you can use: AC([var=ConversantIndex]/CameraLeft)

This way you can write general-purpose sequencer commands that aren't coded to a specific character.

Also, if CameraLeft is a relative camera angle (e.g., a left angle view of the subject) assigned to your Camera Angles prefab, you can use it on any character the same way you might use the built-in camera angles Closeup, Wide, etc.