Continue Button issues

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
manta__fanta

Continue Button issues

Post by manta__fanta »

Hi,

I have continue mode set to always. However, after I click it once (after the first line), the continue button is automatically highlighted when the next line appears, causing me to need to click multiple times to activate the button.

This seems to be exaggerated when playing a full build. How can I make this behave like a normal button?

Thanks
Tony Li

Re: Continue Button issues

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

The continue button is a normal Unity UI button. Here are some things that might be going on:

- If your continue button has a StandardUIContinueButtonFastForward component, then if the subtitle text is still typing the first click will fast-forward the text to the end. The second click will actually continue the conversation. If the typewriter effect is already finished, or if the button doesn't have a StandardUIContinueButtonFastForward component, the first click will continue the conversation.

- If you've ticked the Dialogue Manager GameObject's Input Device Manager component > Always Auto Focus checkbox, the dialogue UI will focus (select) the continue button. This allows gamepad or keyboard users to navigate and click UI buttons.

Apart from that, there is no difference from other Unity UI buttons. If those things don't address the issue, look for other scripts in your project that may be manipulating Unity UI.