Dialogue Database integrity

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
irve

Dialogue Database integrity

Post by irve »

The writers sometimes mess up. Wrong syntax or dialogues in which the responses contain an NPC which takes priority or some other small issues. A lot of stuff that I could check before testing the dialogues through.

Is there a possibility of registering some "convention check" function which runs on both editor conversion and runtime conversions? I almost remember that something like this was in the documentation but my Googling fails me. Runtime conversion check is easy and I intend to use it, but converting from editor is a different matter.

Since it's a purely convenience thing there's no need to go programming; I just need to know if I missed anything.
Tony Li

Re: Dialogue Database integrity

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Your google-fu is still strong; I'm afraid there just aren't any hooks to run custom checks.

I am working on a design-time tool, however, that will check the validity of Lua code in Scripts and Condition fields, identify orphaned dialogue entry nodes, and point out other dialogue database issues. If it doesn't make it into the next small release, it'll be in the one after that.