Missing scripts after upgrade to 2.2.0

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
OneManOnMars

Missing scripts after upgrade to 2.2.0

Post by OneManOnMars »

Hey everyone,

I am having problems after upgrading from 1.7.6_Patche20171016 to 2.2.0 the current version from the asset store.
Most of the transition worked fine thanks to your good description and the hard work of my coder! But we are still having a few difficulties with sequence and conversation triggers (maybe even other scripts)

When I reassign the sequence trigger or conversation script the information in the sequence input field is missing. Since I have a lot of sequences copy and paste sequence by sequence is simply a bad option. So I would like to know if this is a common problem and if there is a better solution for this?

Scripts I have problems with:
  • sequence trigger
    conversation trigger
    Override Actor Name
There might be more, but this is what I so far stumbled over.

A note on the positive side is: The sequence code in the conversation nodes are still there.

Thank you so much for your help.
Tony Li

Re: Missing scripts after upgrade to 2.2.0

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Sequence Trigger and Conversation Trigger should still be there. You won't be able to add new Sequence Trigger or Conversation Trigger components, but your existing ones should still be present. Instead, add a Dialogue System Trigger and select Add Action > Play Sequence and/or Add Action > Start Conversation. (If you really need to, technically you can still add these legacy trigger components. Locate the corresponding script in the Wrappers folder, and drag the script onto the GameObject or its Inspector view.)

Override Actor Name was renamed to Dialogue Actor. They have the same GUID, so your existing Override Actor Name components should now show up as Dialogue Actor.
OneManOnMars

Post by OneManOnMars »

Thanks for your replay. The Actor Override seems to be an easy fix then.
Do you have any ideas why the script references are missing none the less? I guess something went wrong, but not sure what.
What is interesting is, that I had a few sequence triggers that were disabled. They stayed intact.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

It's strange that some Sequence Triggers were updated but not others. Please try running the 1x to 2x Updater tool again. Then review the Console window for any warnings.

The updater tool just changes the GUIDs that were pointing to the 1.x DLLs to the equivalent 2.x scripts. If the updater doesn't update a Sequence Trigger, you can switch the Inspector to Debug mode. Then drag the SequenceTrigger.cs script from Wrappers onto the component's Script field. This will manually assign it.
OneManOnMars

Post by OneManOnMars »

Thank you for your help. We could get most of the problematic scripts back running.

But there is another issue that I can't really sort out at the moment.

The OnTriggerEnter / OnTriggerExit does not work anymore. I doesn't matter if I use the old Conversation Trigger or SequenceTriggers or the new one.

To debug this I added a small script to the BoxCollider2D to see if the Trigger is entered by what object with which tag. So I can confirm that the trigger has been entered but nothing happens. If I set the same SialogueSystemTrigger (Or oldschool Conversation or Sequence Trigger to "OnStart" they do work as they should.

Any idea where I should look to figure this out?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Select menu item Tools > Pixel Crushers > Dialogue System > Welcome Window, and tick Enable Physics2D Support.

Newer versions of Unity have made modules such as Physics2D optional. To guarantee that the Dialogue System can compile regardless of which modules you've enabled, it doesn't try to compile Physics2D support unless you've ticked that checkbox.
OneManOnMars

Post by OneManOnMars »

Awesome! Thank you very much!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Happy to help!