Quick start anomalies.

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
DanTalis

Quick start anomalies.

Post by DanTalis »

Hi there, I've downloaded the latest versions of both 'Dialogue System (2.0.5)' and 'Unity(2018.2.13f1)' and followed the video 'quick start' instructions meticulously, several times. Always the same results...

For the first part.. the Cube (NPC) disappears when 'play' is clicked on. In the video this doesn't happen. The conversation works as it's supposed to.

For the second part (the OnUse part), although I have done everything required, nothing occurs on mouseover when I click on 'play'. The cube is present but nothing is happening.

Any ideas?
Tony Li

Re: Quick start anomalies.

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Would you please try this in a new, empty project? Import only the Dialogue System for Unity, and then run through the quick start.
DanTalis wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:09 pmFor the first part.. the Cube (NPC) disappears when 'play' is clicked on. In the video this doesn't happen. The conversation works as it's supposed to.
Does the conversation play but the cube disappears? If so, is it possible that you changed the Dialogue Manager's Camera & Cutscene Settings > Default Sequence? It's easy, especially through the Dialogue Manager Wizard, to accidentally set this to "Closeup", which does closeups of the participants. Since the player participant is an empty GameObject, it would be doing a closeup on nothing.
DanTalis wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:09 pmFor the second part (the OnUse part), although I have done everything required, nothing occurs on mouseover when I click on 'play'. The cube is present but nothing is happening.
Are there any errors or warnings in the Console window?

You can ignore this one:

Code: Select all

Dialogue System: The scene is missing an EventSystem. Adding one.
To keep the tutorial simple, it doesn't step you through creating an EventSystem since the Dialogue System will automatically create one for you at runtime if necessary.