ORK integration

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Quest Machine.
Tony Li

Re: ORK integration

Post by Tony Li »

I just put updated integration packages on the Quest Machine Extras and Dialogue System Extras pages.
dlevel

Post by dlevel »

too fast as always, thank you.
dlevel

Post by dlevel »

Hi Tony and Merry Xmas,

I'm trying to figure out how to make a procedurally generated quests abandonable. Could you enlighten me on this one?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Huh, I can't believe no one's asked for that before. I'll add a checkbox to QuestGeneratorEntity that tells it to make quests abandonable. It's possible to accomplish this in the current version by using a subclass so you wouldn't have to modify Quest Machine's code, but it's really something that should be built in. I'll add the checkbox and post a patch this week.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

This patch adds a 'Generate Abandonable Quests' checkbox to the QuestGeneratorEntity component:

QM_1_2_4_Patch_2019-12-29.unitypackage
dlevel

Post by dlevel »

too fast as always. thank you and happy holidays!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help. Happy holidays!
ccfeet

Post by ccfeet »

Hello!

Would it be possible to add the functionality to use ORK variables or formulas in quest dialogue Icon content count field? I'm trying to get the quest rewards (exp mainly) to change with player level, so in ORK I have a formula that calculates it. But I can't figure out how to display the rewards in the quest dialogue. Generated quests are working nicely since they generate the rewards automatically in the UI.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

I'll look into that in the next update. It will probably need to be a new type of content that works like icon content but supports ORK values and formulas.
ccfeet

Post by ccfeet »

Tony Li wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:39 pm Hi,

I'll look into that in the next update. It will probably need to be a new type of content that works like icon content but supports ORK values and formulas.
That would be awesome! I think probably using ORK variables would be simpler. Maybe quest giver object variables that can be calculated in the event that triggers quest machine start dialogue.

I already figured out how to calculate the exp gains in the ORKGiveExpQuestAction, so the received exp scales with player level, just need to get the UI to show it. And also I used quest labels to give the quests a level. Or is there a better way?