Few scene change questions

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Tony Li

Re: Few scene change questions

Post by Tony Li »

Happy to help!
eldvbear

Post by eldvbear »

Hi Tony,

Thank you so much for all your help. I have the solution you provided working for the most part. I just need it to tweak it a little bit here and there to get it perfectly integrated. But I am having an odd behavior when the saved game reloads. The inventory is saved, but when the game reloads the player character cycles through equipping all of the weapons in the inventory for a few seconds before settling on the weapon that should be equipped. Not quite sure why that is happening, but any insight you may have would be super helpful.

Thank you,

Ernesto
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

I provided a fix here.

Invector will include the fix in their next release. They also implemented a change so that it won't need to play even one equip animation when reloading. I'll test that out later today.
eldvbear

Post by eldvbear »

Hi there Tony,

I just wanted to say a personal thank you for all your help you've provided on this thread. I was able to get the save and respawn solution you provided working exactly the way I wanted it to. This would not have been possible without your help and guidance. I was even able, due to the beautifully commented code in the Invector Stats saver to hook into my player's stats bar on the HUD and save references to the player's icon and name, as well as their current score. So now all three load properly load up when the player dies and respawns at the last save point. Using that as a template I am going to work on creating a specific saver for the Enviro Sky environment, so that it will retain the time of day and weather conditions on reload from save (currently the sky resets to the startup settings when the player dies or starts from saved slot). I am by no means any kind of accomplished programmer, but with your help and the beautiful code from Pixelcrushers, I have the confidence I can figure it out and get it working. Thank you again.

Ernesto
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi Ernesto,

Thanks for the kind words!

Are you using the existing Enviro saver script?
eldvbear

Post by eldvbear »

Tony,

Holy Smokes!

I didn't even know this existed! PixelCrushers is on top of everything!

Thank you for letting me know about this! Again, you have saved me so much time and work, and let me get back to designing, which is the stuff I'm good at lol

Thank you again,
Ernesto
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help!