Adventure Creator - Load save mid-conversation

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
DragoonHP

Re: Adventure Creator - Load save mid-conversation

Post by DragoonHP »

They don't have any sequence command.
A previous dialogue has a sequence command which sets the background.

Since the game is saved on the next line, it doesn't know which background to show as there is no sequence command telling the game to set the background.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Since the previous dialogue has set the background, shouldn't the Remember Visibility component save that?
DragoonHP

Post by DragoonHP »

It should have but since AC doesn't fully support saving mid dialogue, maybe that's causing an issue?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

But if this is a Dialogue System conversation, it shouldn't matter. I'll take a look at this later today and let you know what I find.
DragoonHP

Post by DragoonHP »

Thanks. If this helps, when I call the AC pause menu, the save button option isn't shown which maybe indicates that AC is somehow aware that the game is in dialogue mode and is disabling certain functions?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

I think that's the issue. AC prevents saving while the game's state is DialogOptions.

As a test, please try setting the Dialogue Manager's Adventure Creator Bridge > Use Dialog State to Never. This might cause issues other issues, but it's just a temporary test. Then save and load to see if Remember Visibility works.

If it works, try this: Editor AdventureCreatorBridge.cs. Change all 4 instances of "GameState.DialogOptions" to "GameState.Cutscene". Then change the Use Dialog State dropdown back to its original value. Test again. If Remember Visibility still works, I'll add an option to the integration to use the Cutscene state instead of DialogOptions state.
DragoonHP

Post by DragoonHP »

It doesn't work :(
I tried with all the four options. Same result every time
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Ok, thanks for letting me know. I'll try to reproduce the issue tomorrow morning & put together a solution. If you'd like, feel free to send a copy of your project to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com.
DragoonHP

Post by DragoonHP »

It's a stupid large project. Give me a day and I'll create a small prototype for you to test and play with.

Thanks for all your help
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Thanks for taking the time to put together the project. I've downloaded it, and I'll try to get an answer for you today.