Drag and Drop at Sequence field

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Alatriste

Drag and Drop at Sequence field

Post by Alatriste »

Hi Tony,

I found out it's possible to drag and drop gameobjects to the sequencer field, and it sort of preset a sequence command. (Camera(default,gameObject))

Is it possible to customize this preset? I think it could be very useful.

Regards,
Tony Li

Re: Drag and Drop at Sequence field

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

You can only customize the preset for audio files. The "+" menu lets you specify what to do with audio files.

What other presets would be useful?
Alatriste

Post by Alatriste »

In my particular case, I'm missing the "SetActive" to true.
And in the dream world, if I hold a specific key (like Control key) then it will be set to False. :P

I didn't know about this shortcut. It can have many possibilities and perhaps there is a way to be fully customized by the user, so you don't have to try to include all the possibilities.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

In version 2.0.6 or 2.0.7, I'll try to add that. You'll be able to configure a primary and secondary (Ctrl-key) command based on the asset type. For example, drag GameObject to SetActive(true). Ctrl+drag to SetActive(false).
Alatriste

Post by Alatriste »

Sounds great! Thanks Tony!!
nathanj

Post by nathanj »

Hey, Tony

Would it be possible to add a CinemachinePriority drag and drop ability?

Also, is there any way for a drop down menu to be added of available commands? I get that this might be a bit tricky with 3rd party support, but having the ability to open a menu of core sequencer commands would be amazing.

Thanks as always,
Nathan
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

nathanj wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:34 pmWould it be possible to add a CinemachinePriority drag and drop ability?
That's a good idea. So if you drop a GameObject with a CinemachineVirtualCamera component into the Sequence field, it will add a CinemachinePriority command.
nathanj wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:34 pmAlso, is there any way for a drop down menu to be added of available commands? I get that this might be a bit tricky with 3rd party support, but having the ability to open a menu of core sequencer commands would be amazing.
The "+" button opens a partial list. Version 2.0.6 will be a small update release. I'll try in version 2.0.7 to add a submenu to "+" that lists all available sequencer commands, including third party/custom commands. Since it won't be able to know the syntax ahead of time, it will just start the command. For example, if you've imported the SLATE Support package, the "+" submenu will have an option that enters "SLATE(", expecting you to fill in the rest.
nathanj

Post by nathanj »

That would be so awesome!

Thank you.
Nathan
nathanj

Post by nathanj »

Just grabbed the 2.06 update and noticed the drop down menu for selecting Sequencer Commands.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sorry, Tony. There's a few missing. For example, "Send Message", "Set Enabled" etc.

Thank you!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

That was an oversight. The list shows all sequencer commands that exist as separate scripts. I forgot to also include the commands that are defined internally without their own scripts. I'll post a patch this week.