Skipping dialogue temporarily

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Tony Li

Re: Skipping dialogue temporarily

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

This updated JRPG2 prefab has a continue button. It's also set up for gamepad/keyboard navigation, but it's not enabled. To enable navigation, add the prefab to the scene as a child of the Dialogue Manager, assign it to the Dialogue Manager's Dialogue UI field, and on the GameObject named Subpanel tick the Navigation > Enabled checkbox.

Legacy_JRPG2_2015-07-07.unitypackage
SuperSparkplug

Post by SuperSparkplug »

Alright, thanks a lot.

I installed the JRPG2 package you uploaded. That being said, I still can't figure out how to get it to continue on button press or having the dialogue selection react to keyboard or button press. I tried tinkering with it as well as following the documentation instructions on Continue Buttons as you previously posted.

To reiterate what I'm trying to do, I want a button press, in this instance Space bar, to act as an automatic continue button for the dialogue. I would also like to be able to toggle between dialogue choices with the up and down keys. How do I do this?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Ah, I see now about the spacebar. I'll put together an example scene that handles spacebar and up/down arrows and post it here later today.
SuperSparkplug

Post by SuperSparkplug »

Thank you. Much appreciated.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

This version of the JRPG2 prefab should do what you're looking for. Keyboard/gamepad navigation is enabled, and the spacebar triggers the continue button. A few UI GameObjects had to be adjusted because legacy Unity GUI normally reserves the spacebar for clicking the currently-focused button. This version of the prefab correctly intercepts it for the continue button when applicable.

JRPG2_SpaceContinue_2015-07-10.unitypackage
SuperSparkplug

Post by SuperSparkplug »

Oh my god, you are literally my hero! It works perfectly! :)

Your help with the dialogue system is such a huge help. Thank you for all that you've helped me with so far.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad it's working! I'm here to help, so let me know if anything else comes up. :-)