rpg kit lite skeleton state machine different

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
terrymorgan

rpg kit lite skeleton state machine different

Post by terrymorgan »

I followed the kill a skeleton tutorial video, player gets the quest but it doesn't register with Converser that I killed a skeleton,
there seem to be a few sub parts to the 'skeleton' state machine, like 'default', 'target' 'dead'. There's also 2 types of skeleton under
the game object, one seems to be turned off.

When I put on debug I get

Dialogue System: Block on False Link (Simon): ID=4:3 'Thanks for killing the skeleton.' Condition='Variable["SkeletonsKilled"] > 0'
UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.ConversationModel:EvaluateLinksAtPriority(ConditionPriority, DialogueEntry, List`1, List`1, List`1, Boolean)

Database is attached. How do I save my game, is that a RPG Kit function or dialog system function?
Attachments
Example_database.zip
(4.76 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
Tony Li

Re: rpg kit lite skeleton state machine different

Post by Tony Li »

Hi Terry,

Make sure your skeletons are using your modified state machine that increments the SkeletonsKilled variable.

When you put on debug, it's showing that the Dialogue System variable "SkeletonsKilled" is still zero.

Saving is an RPG Kit function. To tie the Dialogue System into it, find the RPG Kit state machine for saving and loading games.

When saving, add the Dialogue System > Get Savegame Data ICode action to the state machine to store the Dialogue System savegame data in an ICode string that will be saved with your RPG Kit save data. When loading, add the Dialogue System > Apply Savegame Data ICode action to reapply it. Sorry for being vague with the instructions. I haven't dug too deep into RPG Kit's single player mode. I'll look at this today and get back to you with more specific details.