Error with CYOA framework

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
cristo

Error with CYOA framework

Post by cristo »

Hi,

I tried adding on the CYOA framework to a Unity scene and I got the following error:

Assets/CYOA Framework/Scripts/LanguageMenu.cs(23,74): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `LocalizeUIText' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks.
Tony Li

Re: Error with CYOA framework

Post by Tony Li »

Hello,

Please import Scripts/Unity UI Support.unitypackage.

Full instructions are in the README file in the CYOA Framework folder.
cristo

Post by cristo »

Thanks a lot Tony,

I didn't mean to submit the same question twice, I just thought I had made a mistake.

Thanks.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

No worries. We recently switched to this new forum software (phpBB), and I'm still figuring out how to configure it best. I wish I could just leave everything open and easy to use, but the last time I turned off the spam filter and new user approval mode, I woke up to a couple hundred spam posts. Cleaning them up takes time away from actual development work. :-)
cristo

Post by cristo »

Hi Tony Li,

It was a while ago, but I'm having another crack at using the CYOA framework.

Is there any chance you can tell me where I import Scripts/Unity UI Support from?

I've read the READ ME documentation and re-imported the CYOA framework

and I can't work out how to get rid of the error:

"Assets/CYOA Framework/Scripts/LanguageMenu.cs(23,74): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `LocalizeUIText' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?"

I'm using Unity 4.6.

Any advice would be great. Thanks for your time,

Chris.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

A simpler solution is to update to the latest version of the Dialogue System by following these steps:

1. In your project, delete the Dialogue System folder.

2. Open the Asset Store window, and update to the latest Dialogue System for Unity (currently version 1.5.4).

3. Download the latest CYOA Framework from the Dialogue System Extras page and import it. The latest version is 2015-07-09.

Since version 1.5.3, the Dialogue System for Unity requires Unity 4.6 or higher. This lets it include the Unity UI support scripts directly, without you having to import any extra packages for it. Version 1.5.3 moved some subfolders to better support Unity UI. When upgrading from version 1.5.2 or earlier to version 1.5.3+, it's best to delete the Dialogue System folder first. This is the only case in which you need to delete the folder. In most cases, you can update the Dialogue System in place without having to delete the old version first.

If for some reason you want to stick with an older version of the Dialogue System, select menu item Assets > Import Package > Custom Package.... Then browse to your project, and into the subfolders Assets > Dialogue System > Scripts. Select the file "Unity UI Support.unitypackage" and import it.
cristo

Post by cristo »

Thanks for getting back to me. I will give it a go. Thanks again.