Dialogue System for Unity v1.5.2 Released

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Tony Li

Dialogue System for Unity v1.5.2 Released

Post by Tony Li »

The Dialogue System v1.5.2 is now available on the Pixel Crushers customer download site (PM me your Asset Store invoice number if you'd like access) and should be available on the Unity Asset Store in a few days!

Version 1.5.2
Core:
  • Added: Extra Databases component to load/unload extra dialogue databases.
  • Added: Additional trigger events OnTriggerExit, OnDisable, OnDestroy.
  • Improved: Bark Trigger & Conversation Trigger inspectors now highlight if not using Dialogue Manager's Initial Database.
  • Improved: TextInput() sequencer command now accepts variables for labels, 'clear' keyword.
  • Improved: More error handling and info messages in NPC Setup Wizard.
  • Improved: Condition Observer can now also run a sequence when triggered.
  • Improved: SetPortrait() now handles "pic=varName".
  • Improved: Legacy and Unity UI QuestTrackers now have option to show description instead of name and completed entry text.
  • Changed: Camera() sequencer command now uses Lerp instead of Slerp to move.
  • Unity UI:
    Added Computer & Wheel2 dialogue UI prefabs.
    Added UnityUIColorText component.
    Added On Accept & On Cancel events to Text Field UI; Unity UI Text Field now auto-focuses.
    Added input loop example.
Third Party Support:
  • Adventure Creator: Updated for AC 1.46; fixed bridge sync bug when inventory had empty slots that still had id numbers.
  • articy:draft: Properties & features on dialogues are now converted.
  • HUD Waypoint: Added persistent data component; added ability to load waypoint textures from asset bundles.
terrymorgan

Re: Dialogue System for Unity v1.5.2 Released

Post by terrymorgan »

I'm getting this same error, on upgrade and on delete dialog system and import fresh

Assets/sharedassets0.asset(1,3): error CS8025: Parsing error

Assets/sharedassets0.asset(1,1): BCE0044: unexpected char: 0x0.

Only reimport all 45 minutes makes it go away
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Terry,

What versions of Unity and operating system are you using?

Does it happen if you import into a completely empty project?

It sounds like your project might contain a misbehaving script. Can you make a backup of your project and then delete any scripts and plugins that uses UnityScript (*.js)? This will split the problem space in half so we can get to the bottom of the issue sooner.

Another approach would be to start with a completely empty project and import each plugin one at a time, exiting and restarting Unity after each import, until you find the one that breaks the project.
terrymorgan

Post by terrymorgan »

I'm using unity 5.1.1 of yesterday. I'm going to make a new project, so far ARPG and Dialog System loaded. This has to be on my 'Top Ten computer annoyances' -'#7- You're the only one getting this error' 8--[. Probably needed to trim it down anyway, for 1 thing Unity puts a 47MB
skybox in it's standard assets.47MB!
terrymorgan

Post by terrymorgan »

I'm going to make a new project, so far ARPG and Dialog System loaded.
unquote

I found one from February that worked, mainly have to reconstruct the conversations since then. Keeping all unnecessary
stuff out! Upgrading dialog system (to 1.5.3b), it has to be deleted or 'duplicate namespace'. Also left out 'examples' and of course, all non action rpg support packages.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Version 1.5.4 is also available on the customer download site (no alternate mirror link yet), and should be available on the Asset Store soon. If you're upgrading from 1.5.2 or earlier, delete the old Dialogue System folder first like Terry mentioned to prevent those "duplicate" errors. I try to avoid changes that require deleting the old folder first, but in this case it allows the Dialogue System to have a more intuitive folder structure to support Unity UI now that Unity 4.6.5 is the minimum supported version.
terrymorgan

Post by terrymorgan »

Yeh, the 'standard' download only did 41.5MB, 'couldn't decompress package' Here's the snapshot from Feb 2015, I ran around
a little bit, saved and loaded the game. Still need to re-install the arpg item/skill prefabs.

[ADMIN EDIT: removed download link]
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

I wasn't sure if the download link contained any paid Asset Store products, so I removed it. I'll set up the mirror link today.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Alternate download links for 1.5.4 are now available on the customer download page.
terrymorgan

Post by terrymorgan »

Of course it contains paid asset store stuff, I paid for it, what's the problem?