AC - End Conversation

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Caidran

AC - End Conversation

Post by Caidran »

Hello,

I'm having an issue when attempting to "quit" the game, back to title rather than closing the game. The menu used is the adventure creator menu and the action list run is just restart game, restart to the title scene. The problem is that if a conversation is active, it doesn't go away so you end up on the title screen with a big block of conversation at the bottom.

I'm wondering if there is any lua code for example that can be run to end any running conversations? This could then be called as part of the cutscene/actionlist that controls the restart game function within adventure creator.

Cheers
Tony Li

Re: AC - End Conversation

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

I'll add a Stop Conversation action and publish the updated AC Support package on the Extras page today.

Alternatively, you can send the message "StopConversation" to the Dialogue Manager GameObject -- or call DialogueManager.StopConversation() in a script if you're so inclined.

If no conversation is running, these actions/messages/script calls won't do anything.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

You can download the updated AC support package on the Dialogue System Extras page or here: direct download.
Caidran

Post by Caidran »

Hi Tony,

Had a chance to test this today, works perfectly of course.

Thanks again for the excellent support!

Cheers
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help!