Adventure Creator Cutscenes and Variable changes

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
mrcsbmr

Re: Adventure Creator Cutscenes and Variable changes

Post by mrcsbmr »

Hey Tony,

I need to get back to this very old discussion. Might it be the case that you fixed that problem also elsewhere in the latest updates? Because we now found a spot in our game where a script attached to a line after a cutscene runs twice now. If we disable the Rerun in the settings, it only runs once, as it should.

Marcus

EDIT: Now I found that it's still needed in the original place that made us aware of the problem. So it might be something different here...
mrcsbmr

Post by mrcsbmr »

OK, I think I got it. The problem must have been there all the time. Of course, the sequence runs twice because we're telling it rerun since it's positioned directly after an AC(cutscene)-Call. Those sequences running twice is no problem when you just set bool values, but if you increment an int value, of course it increments twice.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

I'll look at the "Rerun Script After Cutscenes" checkbox and see if there's a way to guarantee that the script only runs once.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

I believe I fixed the race condition. You can import an updated Adventure Creator Support package on the Dialogue System Extras page or right here:

AdventureCreator_Support_2017-11-30.unitypackage

I removed the "Rerun Script After Cutscenes" checkbox because it should no longer be needed.
mrcsbmr

Post by mrcsbmr »

Thank you, it works very well!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help! Thanks for bringing this to my attention!