Adventure Creator 1.44a Update

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

Hey Tony. I never thought of the OS being the issue. Can you confirm that the crash is consistent on OSX as opposed to a Windows environment?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Tentatively. I don't have enough OSX and Windows machines to say it with a lot of confidence, especially since my OSX and Windows boxes all have different hardware and my OSX boxes have the least memory.

Scanning the Unity forum, this error is happening on other, non-Dialogue System projects, too. It may just require waiting for Unity to fix it. If I can write a workaround in the meantime, I'll do it. I had to do something similar a few months ago for a generic dictionary bug in IL2CPP that Unity just fixed last month. Keep in mind that WebGL is still in preview status. It doesn't have all the kinks worked out yet.
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

From what I understand there is also currently a bug in Chrome 42 that causing large code databases running asm.js to crash. I took a look at the open source Chromium project and I found that in version 43 (beta) the hotfix has been applied. Perhaps I will try running your projects in Chrome 43 as soon as I get a moment and see what happens. Also Unity has confirmed that it is currently affected by the asm.js breakage.

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/webgl- ... 42.320924/
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

Hey Tony,

So I just had a chance to test the games in Chrome 43 (Beta). I can confirm that all three games load just fine. So the asm.js breakage has more then likely been fixed in 43. Looks like Google will be rolling out an update within the week.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Thanks for testing this! I'm glad Google is coming out with a fix. I guess I'll be switching all the demos on the website to use WebGL soon!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Google just pushed out a fix in Chrome 42.0.2311.135. :-)
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

Do you happen to have the source? I'm never really sure where to see accurate patch notes.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

I believe it's in this log, fourth commit down.