New and Lost :(

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Raelyr

Re: New and Lost :(

Post by Raelyr »

Tony Li wrote:
Raelyr wrote:Sorry! Busy couple of days where I didn't really work on it. But no, closing and reopening the scene didn't work, and neither did closing and reopening Unity. I'm using the latest version, though the personal one.
Thanks. I'll look into this. You're using Unity 2017.2? Maybe the editor is caching something strangely.
It says Unity 2017.1.Of3
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Thanks! And, double checking, it's the Conversant field on the Conversation Trigger component, right?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

I'll have a fix for you later today. I'll update the evaluation version and make a patch available for the paid version.

In case you're interested in the details: I just admonished someone for using EditorUtility.SetDirty() on a scene object in an editor class in Unity 5.3+, and it occurred to me that I might be a hypocrite. And, sure enough, I am. The Dialogue System still supports some big projects that are locked on earlier versions of Unity that require EditorUtility.SetDirty(). The custom editor for Conversation Trigger was missing a conditional compiler directive to use the newer Undo.RecordObject() API call in Unity 2017, which more reliably marks scene objects as "dirty" and needing to be saved.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

This is an evaluation version of beta version 1.7.5_beta20170819:

DialogueSystem_1_7_5_beta20170819_Evaluation_Unity53_55.unitypackage

(Future reader: Please visit the Evaluation page for the latest version if this link no longer works.)

It should fix that inspector issue with Conversation Trigger. Please back up your project before importing this update. (It's a good idea to make a backup before importing any package from anywhere, but especially since this is a beta release.)