2 START nodes when importing Chat Mapper XML

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
nrvllrgrs

2 START nodes when importing Chat Mapper XML

Post by nrvllrgrs »

When I import a Chat Mapper XML, I get 2 start nodes for each conversation. One that matches the Chat Mapper project; and another new node labeled <START>. Is there a way to prevent the 2nd start node from being created? Do I need to setup the XML differently?
Tony Li

Re: 2 START nodes when importing Chat Mapper XML

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

How are you generating the Chat Mapper XML? From Chat Mapper, or are you creating it manually?

When Chat Mapper exports conversations, the first dialogue entry should have ID = 0 and Title = "START", such as this excerpt from a Chat Mapper export:

Code: Select all

<DialogEntries>
   <DialogEntry ID="0" IsRoot="true" IsGroup="false" NodeColor="White" DelaySimStatus="false" FalseCondtionAction="Block" 
      ConditionPriority="Normal">
      <Fields>
         <Field Hint="The title of this dialogue." Type="Text">
            <Title>Title</Title>
            <Value>START</Value>
         </Field>
The Dialogue System makes those two assumptions (ID=0, Title="START"). If that's not the case in your XML file, would you please email a copy to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com? If that's not possible, can you describe how you generated the file? If you exported it from Chat Mapper, I'll make it a priority to publish a patch tomorrow to address it.
nrvllrgrs

Post by nrvllrgrs »

That was it. I was generating the XML from another program and the exporting start node's title was not START. Thanks.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Great! I'm glad that was it.