Sequence Skips dialogue

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
bakershah

Sequence Skips dialogue

Post by bakershah »

Hello,

I am having an issue with the sequence tool in the dialogue editor nodes. I add audio to the dialogue line but it keeps skipping the dialogue and fast forwards it every tie I add anything to the sequence field. I looked into the default field showing delay and can't figure it out. How can I have the audio and text play without skipping?
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-09-23 at 8.55.44 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-09-23 at 8.55.44 PM.png (156.98 KiB) Viewed 26 times
Screenshot 2024-09-23 at 8.55.10 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-09-23 at 8.55.10 PM.png (77.94 KiB) Viewed 26 times
Tony Li

Re: Sequence Skips dialogue

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Inspect the Dialogue Manager's Display Settings > Camera & Cutscene Settings, and tick Report Missing Audio Files.

This will tell the Dialogue System to log a warning if the Audio()/AudioWait() command can't access the audio file you specified.

Also - The Audio() command attempts to start the specified audio clip and then immediately ends, allowing the audio clip to play on its own. It does not wait for the audio clip to finish. To wait for the audio clip to finish before advancing the conversation, use AudioWait().

As a general practice, I recommend using entrytags for audio.

Also, as a failsafe, you can add a Delay({{end}}) command so the dialogue entry will delay for a duration based on the text length, in addition to waiting for the audio. For example, DemoScene1's Default Sequence is:

Code: Select all

Delay({{end}});
AudioWait(entrytag)