ORK integration

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Quest Machine.
dlevel

Re: ORK integration

Post by dlevel »

Is there a way to have a float ORK Variable to show in HUD UI? I have some quests that don't count inventory items but for example times a player finished a dungeon, and I have that info in a float variable and trying to find a way to show it to the player.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Not currently. If you're also using the Dialogue System, you might be able to use something in its integration. Or write a custom quest content for ORK variables.
dlevel

Post by dlevel »

Not using it even though I own it, I m fine with quest machine atm with my usecase. Thank you
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Sounds good. The fewer assets, the fewer complications. I suggest a custom quest content script then. Duplicate QuestContentTemplate.cs, move it to your own folder and rename it to something like ORKVariableQuestContent.cs, and fill in your code where the comments indicate.
dlevel

Post by dlevel »

Ok, another issue I have is on offer conditions, when I m trying to use Condition Count Mode (Min), and make the quest giver offer the quest if 2/3 conditions met something weird happens, the quest givers offers the quest with 2 conditions met (as it should), so the quest icon lights up, but when I speak to him to get the quest I get the Conditions Unmet Text, the only way it works is when I remove the condition that is not met, and have condition count mode on All. Any idea what that might be?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Try this patch:

QM_OfferConditionsPatch_2024-09-17.unitypackage

Quest Machine rechecks the offer conditions after selecting the quest, in case the conditions have changed in the time between showing the icon and showing the offer dialogue text. This recheck assumed all conditions needed to be true. Now it properly observes the condition mode (any, min, or all).
dlevel

Post by dlevel »

Edit: It works as intended, thank you!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help!
dlevel

Post by dlevel »

Irrelevant but this thread shows it has 6.8m views, is not possible right? :lol:
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

That's crazy. I hadn't noticed it before. It must be from webcrawling bots. We occasionally get spam posts with outgoing links, and I have to delete those posts manually. Maybe a bot posted a spam post and then hit it 6 million times to bump up SEO on their own site or something. Either that, or there's a lot of interest in your upcoming game. ;-)