Could you tell me what's diff with Dialogue System and Quest Machine?

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for Quest Machine.
kehaw

Could you tell me what's diff with Dialogue System and Quest Machine?

Post by kehaw »

Hello, I bought dialogue system, I found DS seems also can make some simple quests, so what's different about DS and QM?

Can DS and QM be used together?

Thanks.
Tony Li

Re: Could you tell me what's diff with Dialogue System and Quest Machine?

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Thanks for buying the Dialogue System!

Please see the Feature Comparison Chart.

Key Differences:
  • The Dialogue System has interactive branching conversations like in The Witcher. Quest Machine has simpler Accept/Decline windows like in World of Warcraft.
  • The Dialogue System uses a field-based editor to write quests. Quest Machine uses a node-based editor. (The Dialogue System’s node-based editor is for conversations.)
  • The Dialogue System handles hand-written quests. Quest Machine handles hand-written quests or procedurally-generated quests.
  • Quest Machine has some quest control features that make it a little easier to advance quests outside of conversations (e.g., during regular gameplay); but it’s still possible to advance quests outside of gameplay in the Dialogue System, too.
Quest Machine includes an integration package that allows it to use the Dialogue System to show branching conversations for Quest Machine quests. To use the integration, you must have the Dialogue System and Quest Machine. Games like While The Iron's Hot, The Way of Wrath, and Bladeborne use both together.
kehaw

Post by kehaw »

It's very clearly, thank you~!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Happy to help! If you have any questions about either asset, please let me know.