Demo

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Save System for UFPS.
Yazou

Demo

Post by Yazou »

I installed UFPS and then Save System for Opsive Character Controllers. But when I launch Demoscene I get error messages including a missing script in MainCamera.I put a screenshoot. What should I do?
SaveDemo.png
SaveDemo.png (674.9 KiB) Viewed 1366 times
Tony Li

Re: Demo

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

What version of UFPS are you using? And which Save System are you using?

The Demo scene is built for Ultimate Character Controller and may have issues with UFPS (without third person). However, the Save System itself works perfectly fine with UFPS, so you can configure it in your own scene(s).
Yazou

Post by Yazou »

ok thank you I installed only UFPS and not ThirdPerson I'll retry.
There is a video that shows how to use the system?
I followed the doc but it doesn't say how to use it. For example, I used the prefab checkpoint but it doesn't seem to work because I can't hear the source audio. How do I load? Where are the saves in my pc?
I have to go through code or is it possible to do everything using the components that are available?
I need help getting started with a basic use case.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

I'll record a tutorial video this week. I'll reply here as soon as it's ready.

You can set it up without any scripting. Briefly, just add the Save System prefab to your scene(s), and add the UCCSaver component to your player GameObject.
Yazou

Post by Yazou »

Great it's good news thank you. I'm sorry to do you extra work. It will really help me and certainly other people.
add the Save System prefab to your scene(s), and add the UCCSaver component to your player GameObject
I did it, that's what the doc says, but what to do next? I'll see that with the video, thank you again.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Were you able to look at SaveSystemForOpsive_Manual.pdf located in Assets > Pixel Crushers > Save System for Opsive? The complete steps are on page 5.

You don't need to do anything else. You can add the Save System Test Menu prefab to your scene if you want a temporary menu to test saving and loading.

ufpsSave1.png
ufpsSave1.png (90.93 KiB) Viewed 1300 times

If you want to write your own save/load menu and you want to use Playmaker instead of C#, import Assets > Plugins > Pixel Crushers > Common > Third Party Support > PlayMaker Support.unitypackage.

You can also optionally set the Save System prefab's Standard Scene Transition Manager component > Loading Scene Name to "DemoLoadingScreen" and add the DemoLoadingScreen scene to your build settings if you want to show a loading scene while loading saved games. This is optional.

ufpsSave2.png
ufpsSave2.png (54.57 KiB) Viewed 1300 times
Yazou

Post by Yazou »

Thank you it works I understand better how it works.
I have one last question where are the saves in my hard drive?
For the Checkpoint, the Player tag had to be added to the CapsuleCollider.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

The Save System prefab uses a PlayerPrefsSavedGameDataStorer component. This component saves games to PlayerPrefs.

If you want to save to disk, make a prefab variant of the Save System prefab. (In Project window, right-click, select Create > Prefab Variant.) Remove the PlayerPrefsSavedGameDataStorer component. Add a DiskSavedGameDataStorer. This will save games to files in the Persistent Data Path.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Yazou

Post by Yazou »

Great video and thank you for all your answers.