When removing variables from a "Master" database, it doesn't remove them from my other databases synched to it,

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Kopire

When removing variables from a "Master" database, it doesn't remove them from my other databases synched to it,

Post by Kopire »

Hi, the title says it all.

When I remove variables, quests, actors, etc. from my "Master" database, it adds everything I removed to all my databases that are synched to this "Master" database.

Is there a way to remove variables, quests, actors, etc. from my "Master" database and all the databases synched to it at the same time, or do I have to do it manually everytime?
Tony Li

Re: When removing variables from a "Master" database, it doesn't remove them from my other databases synched to it,

Post by Tony Li »

That's an oversight on my part. I'll need to add an option to remove synced content from other databases when removed from the master database. Currently you'd need to do it manually.
Kopire

Re: When removing variables from a "Master" database, it doesn't remove them from my other databases synched to it,

Post by Kopire »

Hi Tony, Just wondering where is the option to do this. It seems you added the feature in Version 2.2.46, but I can't find where it is.

"Improved: Added option to remove synced content from other databases when breaking sync connection."

Thank you!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

It may not work exactly the way you're expecting, and I can look into the feasibility of doing it differently, too. But currently when you stop syncing from the master database (by unticking the Menu > Sync From DB menu item), the Dialogue Editor will ask if you want to remove all variables that were originally synced from the master database.
Kopire

Post by Kopire »

Ok yeah I tried it, and it does't work like I thought it would. It seems that because a variable is no longer in my master database, it won't remove it by stopping the sync.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

I'll need to add that functionality to dialogue databases and the Dialogue Editor in version 2.2.48.