Narration

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
AvivXR

Narration

Post by AvivXR »

Hi
Noob question but I couldn't find it in the forums.
I've recorded some conversations to accompany the typewriter animation.
I tried using the Voice() command in the Sequencer to call my recordings (the files are all in a Resources folder). But I am not getting anything.
I don't have any talk animation on the characters.
Am I doing it wrong?
Is there a simpler way to add voice files?

Thanks
Tony Li

Re: Narration

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

If the files are in a Resources folder, you can just drag them into the corresponding dialogue entry's Sequence field.

For a more detailed explanation and a more scalable approach using entrytags, please see the Cutscene Sequence Tutorials.
AvivXR

Post by AvivXR »

Wow... That was simple enough.
Thank you again!

However, now it overlaps with other sound effects I've been calling during conversations. Sound effects and narration now share the same AudioSorce
Also, I was wondering how to set background sounds that won't get interrupted by the narration or by the sounds effects
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

The Audio() and AudioWait() commands will use the Audio Source component on the speaker's GameObject. If the speaker's GameObject doesn't have an Audio Source, the command will create a default one on the GameObject.

To learn more about how the Dialogue System determines which GameObject is associated with each speaker, please see Character GameObject Assignments.

I recommend playing your other audio, such as background audio, through an Audio Source on a different GameObject than the speaker.