Lively Chat Bubble: Continue Button Key & Cannot edit prefab ChatBubbleWhite

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
WaWa

Lively Chat Bubble: Continue Button Key & Cannot edit prefab ChatBubbleWhite

Post by WaWa »

Hi There, first time posting.
I am new to Dialogue System For Unity, LivelyChatBubbles and... Unity as well

So right now I'm trying to integrate Lively Chat Bubbles with Dialogue System into Unity . I downloaded the Lively Chat Support package, implemented it, tested it. Everything seems to be working properly.

but.. I have 2 problem

1. I am unable to edit the prefab ChatBubblesWhite. Something like, I want to change the size of the bubble, as well as the direction and position of the arrow (Extender).
I even intentionally make bubble smaller like scale 0.1. However, when I press Play Unity, it returns to the default .
-> How can I edit it? (I edited in Prefab mode).

2. I added a continue button as you suggested in https://www.pixelcrushers.com/dialogue_ ... bbles.html.
Both methods work, but I'd like to use the key E button;
-> how do I do this?
Also I have read somewhere at forum about LCBContinueButton script. I'd like to know how to do it too. If you prefer use this script.

Thank you and have a nice day!
Tony Li

Re: Lively Chat Bubble: Continue Button Key & Cannot edit prefab ChatBubbleWhite

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Welcome to Unity, and thanks for using the Dialogue System!
WaWa wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 6:28 am1. I am unable to edit the prefab ChatBubblesWhite.
On your NPC's Lively Chat Bubbles Subtitle Panel, make sure the prefab is assigned to the Chat Bubble Prefab field, and that the Chat Bubble field is unassigned. On the prefab, check the Chat Bubble component's Minimum Size values.
WaWa wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 6:28 am2. I added a continue button as you suggested in https://www.pixelcrushers.com/dialogue_ ... bbles.html.
Both methods work, but I'd like to use the key E button
Add a UI Button Key Trigger to the button. Set the Key dropdown to E.