I've updated to Adventure Creator 1.8 and now I got a lot of "missing directive or assembly" errors

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
dgames

Re: I've updated to Adventure Creator 1.8 and now I got a lot of "missing directive or assembly" errors

Post by dgames »

Ok, this thread may be confusing to tie this up

Regarding the clean project.
  • I've removed USE_ADDRESSABLES from Project Options/Player because the Dialogue menu and window was not available this fixed the resources errors
  • Then I've removed the Love/Hate and QuestMachine because they thrown a lot of errors
Conclusion is that I've managed to make AC and Dialogue System work using the files you have sent me, the Dialogue System AC Demo play correctly and shows the dialogue interface. No errors

I guess adding the other two assets will not work for now

----------

My main project is still broken because I can't fix the errors thrown by the Quest Machine even if I've added the various links in the assembly (see attached images)
Attachments
04 dialogue editor assembly.png
04 dialogue editor assembly.png (34.21 KiB) Viewed 664 times
03 dialogue assemble.png
03 dialogue assemble.png (27.71 KiB) Viewed 664 times
02 questMachine Editor.png
02 questMachine Editor.png (40.49 KiB) Viewed 664 times
01 quest machine assembly.png
01 quest machine assembly.png (33.99 KiB) Viewed 664 times
00 AdevetC assembly.png
00 AdevetC assembly.png (47.09 KiB) Viewed 664 times
Tony Li

Re: I've updated to Adventure Creator 1.8 and now I got a lot of "missing directive or assembly" errors

Post by Tony Li »

Here's the updated integration package for Quest Machine. You'll need to add the QuestMachine and DialogueSystem asmdefs to the AC asmdef.

QM_AdventureCreatorSupport_2024-03-13.unitypackage
dgames

Post by dgames »

doesn't work (I mean it may work stand alone I didn't tried that),but I still get the three errors posted on the previous thread page. I have both Dialogue System and Quest Machine in the project
Attachments
nope.png
nope.png (80.01 KiB) Viewed 660 times
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Fortunately AC doesn't need to be involved in that part. (Although AC's asmdefs are the instigating factor for all this.)

Create an assembly definition file in Assets / Plugins / Pixel Crushers / Quest Machine / Third Party Support / Dialogue System Support / Scripts / Editor. For example, call it QuestMachineDialogueSystemEditor.asmdef.

Add references to PixelCrushers, PixelCrushersEditor, DialogueSystem, DialogueSystemEditor, QuestMachine, and QuestMachineEditor.
dgames

Post by dgames »

VICTORY!!! :D :D :D

My project is back!!!

BUUT ATTENTION. Once unity stopped showing errors and I've hit play nothing from Adventure Creator worked. After checking the Action List EVERYTHING WAS GONE and defaulted to a single node Engine Wait. All Actions List from the scene empty. The horror. :shock: :shock: :shock: :o :o :o :o :o

I've closed the scene without saving and reopened and all Actions were back as they should had been and now it works. SO DO NOT SAVE THE SCENE. :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Thank You for your patience and for your help. Now I can test the Gpt plugin :D
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Great job! Have fun with the GPT addon!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Adventure Creator now supports custom folders for integrations' custom actions, so the integration is much simpler again!

You don't need the asmdefs. Instead, just import the integration (latest one of the Extras page unless you're using DS version 2.2.44.1+) and, in the AC Game Editor > Actions section, add Pixel Crushers / Dialogue System / Third Party Support / Adventure Creator Support / Scripts / AdventureCreatorActions as a custom folder.

If you're upgrading the integration, you'll need to delete these files before importing the updated integration: Assets / AdventureCreator / Scripts / Actions / ActionDialogueSystem*.cs.
dgames

Post by dgames »

I've successfully managed to update both Dialogue System and Quest Machine to the latest update.
  • first I've created a backup :lol: lol
  • then I've removed all PixelCrusher files, both from the plugins and from the Adventure Creator folder, I've removed the reference to Pixel Crusher from AC asdemf file
  • I've installed Dialogue System + AC integration
  • I've installed Quest Machine + AC integration + Dialogue System Integration
  • I've added the Custom folder path in AC interface for both
Everything worked well except two AC action listed that were set to open/close the Quest Machine Journal when pressing a key. The Actions Lists were empty with nothing inside.

Those were plugged inside the AC Menu interface maybe it had something to do with the issue.

I've deleted both of them + the unity companion files from the Explorer. Then I've added them back from the backup archive. That fixed the issue and they worked again.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Great! Sorry about that wackiness earlier with asmdefs. The setup is much nicer now that you can specify custom actions folders in AC.