localization setting issues

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
joeylu

localization setting issues

Post by joeylu »

Hi Tony,
There is weird issue occurred when I added some localization settings, I will try to explain it step by steps

I added a field in Template/Dialogue entry, named it "zh-CN" in its title
I went to one of the conversation and picked one of the dialogue entry, click the "Template" button above the fields, now I can see the zh-CN field has created
Then I figured that this field is actually a localization type, so I went back to the template tab, changed it from "Text" to "Localization"
Then I went back the the original conversation, manually selected the previous added field "zh-CN" from "Text" to "Localization"

This is all I have done exactly.
Now the problem is that in that dialogue entry, there are two "zh-CN" field, all are localization type, and I can't delete any of one.
Even weird, I can see some other dialogue entries now have the same duplicated "zh-CN" field, and can't delete it as well
Now the weirdest thing is that I tried to create a new Unity project, import the Dialogue system from scratch, created a new empty database, a new conversation, somehow the dialogue entry I created in that new project, inherited those tow undeletable localization fields at defautl

any idea? tks
Tony Li

Re: localization setting issues

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

When you create a new dialogue database, it uses the template of the most recent database you have edited. This way, if you're creating multiple databases in a project you don't need to set up the template individually for each one.

In the Dialogue Editor's Templates section, expand Dialogue Entries and delete both fields by clicking the "-" button to the right of the field. Then click the "Remove All" button. Check the dialogue entry. If the field is still there, you may need to add it again to the template and click "-" again.
joeylu

Post by joeylu »

Hi, I did tried to remove, re-add couple of times in the template, and I'm still not able to remove those localization type field in dialogue entries.
One thing to notice, is that only Localization type field are affected, even weird, if I manually add any localization field into any dialogue entries (not in template), it can't be deleted as well
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

You must delete Localization fields from the template, not from individual dialogue entries.

If only one dialogue entry or a few dialogue entries are affected, and if you can't delete it from the template for some reason, another way to clean it up is to close the Dialogue Editor window. Then inspect the dialogue database, and tick the Show Default Inspector checkbox. Then locate the dialogue entry, right-click on the localization field, and select Delete Array Element:
deleteLocalizationField.png
deleteLocalizationField.png (59.29 KiB) Viewed 281 times
joeylu

Post by joeylu »

Hi Tony,
Removing localization fields were the first thing I did, but as my previous post mentioned, it has no effect
https://www.pixelcrushers.com/phpbb/dow ... ew&id=4731

And as the second screen shot, you can see I manually added a few localization fields (not from template), and all not able to delete.
The weird thing is that if I click the "-" delete button, it acts as switch (up/down) function

And lastly, even I created a new Unity project 2022.3.17f, import the dialogue system from scratch, the issue remains the same. Right now as long as I add any localization field, it's no longer deleteable

I'm not sure if it happens before, it is the first time I'm starting using the localization field
I'm using Dialogue system 2.2.43.1

Oh forgot to mention, I'm able to delete those localization fields directly from database inspector, as you mentioned, but not in the editor
Attachments
not able to delete on any of those added localization fields
not able to delete on any of those added localization fields
temp.jpg (43.83 KiB) Viewed 277 times
localization field are already removed
localization field are already removed
temp.jpg (58.36 KiB) Viewed 277 times
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

You can't delete Localization fields from a specific dialogue entry (unless you use a trick: change the type to Text first).

To remove them in the Dialogue Editor, go to the Templates section. Select Menu > Update Template From Assets. This should make the Localization fields appear in the Dialogue Entries template section. Then click the "-" next to each one you want to delete, and select Remove All to remove the field from the template and from all dialogue entries.
joeylu

Post by joeylu »

ok, understood now, tks Tony
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help!