Trigger Conversation from another?

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
Hereder

Trigger Conversation from another?

Post by Hereder »

Hi!
Is there a simple way of triggering a conversation from within another conversation?
If my NPC has a Quest to offer, a default conversation and a possible Date Conversation at the same time,
I've managed to trigger this "Option" dialogue.

Is it possible to trigger a new conversation from within this? (Image attached for clarification).

Also, I have 4 options (in worse case) can I add a Scroll weel? And will it automatacly work when pressing up and down with keyboard/controller in the menu? Or is it only responding to scroll weel on mouse?

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
dialougeTrigger.png
dialougeTrigger.png (104.82 KiB) Viewed 198 times
Tony Li

Re: Trigger Conversation from another?

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

Rather than stopping the current conversation and starting another conversation, what about linking from "Talk..." to the other conversation(s)? To link from one conversation to another, inspect the "Talk..." node. In the inspector's "Links To:" dropdown, select "(Another Conversation)".

If you want to use the mouse scroll wheel to navigate response menu buttons, please see this post. If your EventSystem's Vertical input is also mapped to keyboard (e.g., up/down arrows) and controller (e.g., joystick axis 0 vertical), you can also navigate with keyboard and controller.
Hereder

Post by Hereder »

"Links To:" dropdown, was exactly what I needed, man there so much flexibility to this! Thanks alot!
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Glad to help!