Loadingscreen

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
achuchon

Loadingscreen

Post by achuchon »

I have been trying to implement the loading screens for days, because my main scene loads immediately and the fog has not had time to generate, in the dialoguemanager I have included the standardscene loader with the name correctly, but I cannot find how to make it work, nor How to force a scene to use it or modify the time of this loading screen to set a minimum, I have tried using additive loading normal loading... I don't know what else to try, what script handles when loading screen is used? Thanks in advance(im using menu framework included in downloads section)
Tony Li

Re: Loadingscreen

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

The Menu Framework should by default fade to black, change scenes, then fade in from black. If the fade in is too short, you can edit the fader canvas's Animator state -- for example, cut the Hide state's speed in half to make it take twice as long to fade.

Alternatively, use these steps, which may be simpler:

1. Download the SaveSystemPrefabs package (direct download) from the Dialogue System Extras page and import it.

2. Remove these components from the Dialogue Manager prefab in the start scene: SaveSystem, JsonDataSerializer, PlayerPrefsSavedGameDataStorer, and StandardSceneTransitionManager.

3. Add the prefab Plugins > Pixel Crushers > Common > Save System Prefabs > Save System to the start scene.

4. Add the Loading Screen scene to your build settings.