Wheel dialogue UI issues

Announcements, support questions, and discussion for the Dialogue System.
windsands

Wheel dialogue UI issues

Post by windsands »

I am using the wheel dialogue UI.
I have conversation zone, dialogue actor, and dialogue system trigger on the npc giving me these errors.
I see that if I only have one npc in a scene that I can name it in the portrait name, but that does not work if I have more that one.

erenced script (Unknown) on this Behaviour is missing!
UnityEngine.Resources:LoadAll<MoreMountains.InventoryEngine.InventoryItem> (string)
PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.InventoryEngineSupport.InventoryEngineLua:InitItemCache () (at Assets/Pixel Crushers/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/Inventory Engine Support/Scripts/InventoryEngineLua.cs:121)
PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.InventoryEngineSupport.InventoryEngineLua:OnEnable () (at Assets/Pixel Crushers/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/Inventory Engine Support/Scripts/InventoryEngineLua.cs:48)
Tony Li

Re: Wheel dialogue UI issues

Post by Tony Li »

Hi,

I think those two things are unrelated.

"Referenced script (Unknown) on this Behaviour is missing!" means one of your Inventory Engine items has a missing script.

For the portrait issue, do not set the portrait name in the dialogue UI's Portrait Name field.

Add a Dialogue Actor component to each NPC, and set the Actor dropdown to the NPC's actor in the dialogue database.

In your Dialogue System Trigger, assign the correct NPC GameOBject to Actions > Start Conversation > Conversation Conversant, or leave it unassigned.

In your conversation in the Dialogue Editor, select Menu > Conversation Properties. Make sure the Conversant dropdown is set to that NPC. Then make sure all of that NPC's dialogue entry nodes are set to the NPC, too.
windsands

Post by windsands »

The referenced script (Unknown) on this Behaviour is missing!
UnityEngine.Resources:LoadAll<MoreMountains.InventoryEngine.InventoryItem> (string)
PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.InventoryEngineSupport.InventoryEngineLua:InitItemCache () (at Assets/Pixel Crushers/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/Inventory Engine Support/Scripts/InventoryEngineLua.cs:121)
PixelCrushers.DialogueSystem.InventoryEngineSupport.InventoryEngineLua:OnEnable () (at Assets/Pixel Crushers/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/Inventory Engine Support/Scripts/InventoryEngineLua.cs:48)
Sorry I think that's the same error there's 33 of them in total.
I tried to do what you said but I am clueless in some areas. What do you mean by:?
I believe you're saying to make sure the dialogue manager has the same dialogue database. Then the NPC will select that dialogue database & the conversation its to say by using the dialogue system manager>actor under start convo. I don't get
"In your Dialogue System Trigger, assign the correct NPC GameOBject to Actions > Start Conversation > Conversation Conversant, or leave it unassigned." & if I can leave it unassigned then doing nothing would be the same thing?
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Inspect your items. Check that none of them show a "missing script" warning in the inspector.

For the other issue, for now ignore what I said. Open the database assigned to the Dialogue Manager in the Dialogue Editor window. Check all of the actors in the Actors section. Make sure their portraits are assigned.
windsands

Post by windsands »

Thank you. So after taking those steps nothing has changed.
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

This is almost certainly an issue in your Inventory Engine data, not with the Dialogue System. Would it be possible for you to send a reproduction project to tony (at) pixelcrushers.com? I'd be happy to take a look and let you know what I find.
windsands

Post by windsands »

I'd have to set up a way to get it to you. Thank you. I made this jpeg trying to show you what things look like. I think you know I am using the corgi engine inventory system. I've tried turning off/on the conversation trigger & got no different result. I probably keep posting the same error which is:
After realizing I had 2 active dialogue UIs I was able to break it down so above is the only error. When I mute the dialogue manager I get no errors. Otherwise I get the missing behavior message above. I tried with other dialogue UIs & got the same. Thank you for your help if this info does not assist you I have to find a way to upload this so you can look at it. I can make youtube videos if that helps also. Thank you.
Attachments
dialogue issues.jpg
dialogue issues.jpg (1000.73 KiB) Viewed 2639 times
Tony Li

Post by Tony Li »

Thanks. Those are all screenshots of the Dialogue System. I'm pretty sure the issue is in the Inventory Engine setup. I will probably need that reproduction project to help you identify the issue. You can send it via Dropbox, OneDrive, MEGA, WeTransfer, whatever is convenient for you.
windsands

Post by windsands »

I started a new file because my unity file is 30 GB atm. I tried to create the scene over but ran into my original problem. The idea behind making a smaller file is I can send that Let me show you what I ran into, again.
Attachments
dialogue UI.jpg
dialogue UI.jpg (1015.85 KiB) Viewed 2619 times
windsands

Post by windsands »

Ummm idk why this happens. These are the original problems I ran into before I ran into the problems I posted.
Attachments
Dialogue UI2.jpg
Dialogue UI2.jpg (792.91 KiB) Viewed 2619 times